President/Principal Product Designer
2015 - PRESENT
- Applied lean UX, design thinking, and empathy-driven methodologies to develop prototypes, MVPs, and visual design for SaaS, iOS, Apple Watch, and AI-based apps.
- Managed both in-house and distributed teams to develop apps for capturing, interpreting, and delivering actionable data in medical applications and predictive analytics for financial systems.
- Curated a collection of MVP and prototyping best practices for entrepreneurs, technologists, and students.
- Led the team in UI design, interaction design, and usability testing.
- Used the experience as research for the forthcoming book, Empathy-Driven — A Framework for Innovation and Problem Solving.
Technologies: Sketch, InVision, Marvel, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, Keynote, PowerPoint, Principle, Hype, Balsamiq, Xcode, PaintCode, Axure, Justinmind, InDesign, Visio, Office, Mural, Slack, Trello, Asana
President/Principal UX Designer
UBG Digital Media, LLC
2009 - 2014
- Provided services to Microsoft Office Labs and Xbox, including user flows, wireframes, prototypes, user testing, competitive analysis, design specifications, UI, and visual design for multiple shipping products.
- Received an award for "Outstanding Achievement in Website Development" by the Web Marketing Association.
- Facilitated empathy-driven multi-day workshops with 250+ attendees for clients such as Seattle Public Schools, Seattle Academy of the Arts and Sciences, Ashoka Seattle, and F5 Networks.
Technologies: Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, Keynote, PowerPoint, Balsamiq, Axure, Justinmind, InDesign, Visio, Office
360 In Balance, LLC
2008 - 2009
- Designed, developed, and tested prototypes and MVPs for a full list of services including an online portal, interactive tools, web-based exercise videos, activity guides, and wellness workshops.
- Pioneered web-based, science-supported content and tools for health clubs, gyms, and corporate wellness.
- Led a team to launch successful pilot programs with prominent fitness centers and private fitness trainers.
Technologies: Flash, Director, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, PowerPoint, Visio, Office
2000 - 2007
- Developed a proprietary motion capture based animation technology.
- Led every aspect of UX and UI design.
- Coded ActionScript for Flash applications and created over 100 Flash animations.
- Trained the company’s 3D animators.
- Raised three rounds of funding from accredited investors and secured high-value custom development contracts from clients.
- Assembled a distinguished medical board.
Technologies: Flash, Director, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, PowerPoint, Office