Seattle, WA, United States
Member since October 26, 2016
Vince is a designer, architect, and user advocate focused on delivering strategic and meaningful user experiences. He draws from over a decade of experience across a spectrum of design, research, and strategy skills to solve tough problems with smart solutions for the ever-changing digital landscape.
- Senior UX Designer2017 - PRESENTMicrosoft
Technologies: Sketch, InVision, Illustrator
- Designed the experience for Azure's Incident Management platform.
- Worked with the artificial intelligence team to design automated triage solutions to outages and incidents within the cloud.
- Worked with the project managers as well as the development team by creating scenarios, designing interactive prototypes, gathering feedback and changes, and setting up usability tests and bug bashes.
- Helped with designing the notification system, incident details, change analytics, post-mortem, crisis outage, recommendations, and the on-call schedule.
- Trained new UX designers as well as developers to the style guide, design tenets, and vision.
- Senior Product Designer2017 - 2017The Carlyle Group
Technologies: Sketch, Adobe PhotoShop, Adobe Illustrator, Axure, InVision
- Conducted heuristic evaluations as well as design the Virtual Care Express app for Providence Healthcare & Services. Worked closely with product, engineering, and leadership teams. Created a development roadmap with feature prioritization for the MVP, the Swedish Express Care Virtual App.
- Worked on the B2B CX experience for Ortho Clinical Diagnostics—defining the product detail and checkout experience.
- Created task flows, customer experience maps, and interactive prototypes.
- Worked on IoT solutions for agricultural applications for Agrium in Colorado.
- Conducted participatory design workshops with stakeholders from the developer and leadership teams following Stanford's Design Thinking methodology.
- Senior UX Designer2016 - 2017Amazon
Technologies: Sketch, Adobe Illustrator, Axure, JIRA
- Worked hand-in-hand with the business side to drive the strategy and vision for the group and oversee the development and management of multiple product roadmaps.
- Worked with cross-functional teams across Amazon—hardware and software engineering, design, operations, the business and finance—to bring products to market with a very simple and intuitive customer experience.
- Collaborated with senior product managers and development leads to present a viable experience for particular locales.
- Created prototypes that map a more seamless experience relevant to locale.
- Engaged research groups to gather meaningful insights related to customer segmentation, buying patterns, and preferences.
- Wrote the human interface guidelines for Amazon UI(AUI) for Semitic languages.
- Designed prototypes related to the payment and delivery experience, as well as digital content.
- Crafted the designs for the pricing modules showing cost, insurance and freight (CIF)—making tthe otal shipping costs clear to the buyers.
- Designed and measured the experience for mobile web and apps using Weblabs (A/B testing).
- Senior UX Designer2015 - 2016Microsoft
Technologies: Sketch, Adobe Illustrator, Axure, InVision
- Redesigned the Microsoft Store user journey and the visibility of purchased hardware and software resulting in an increase in profit efficiency from 93.6% to 95.9% within first six months on the job. Subscribers increased by more than 28%, from 350 million in September 2015 to 451million by March 2016, after the simplification of the order experience on the Account.microsoft.com website.
- Mentored and directed junior UX designers.
- Enhanced the user experience across multiple Microsoft Universal Store products like the Groove Music App, Xbox, Wallet, Account.microsoft.com, and the Microsoftstore.com with regard to payments, security compliance, new features, and accessibility.
- Led design activities with large engineering teams and product managers.
- Executed complex design artifacts, wire frames, and interactive prototypes.
- Senior Product Designer2012 - 2015The Boeing Company
Technologies: Adobe Illustrator, Adobe PhotoShop, Adobe After Effects, ESRI ArcGIS, Tableau
- Implemented and designed the Electronic Flight Bag (EFB) and Onboard Performance Tool on American Airlines airplanes which saved a minimum of 400,000 gallons. and $120 million in annual fuel costs. It also reduced the consumption of 24 million pages of paper previously used to print the instructional materials for the EFB.
- Designed the Safety Analytics dashboard which sparked the Go4Zero industrial safety initiative at all Boeing factories across the United States—reducing the costs related to on-the-job injuries and delays by $100 million per year.
- Led the end-to-end product design for Boeing's data management web and mobile applications.
- Collaborated with engineering teams and stakeholders throughout the product development cycle.
- Created concept diagrams, user-flows, personas, wireframes, prototypes, and interactive prototypes for flight deck displays and mobile platforms.
- Managed a group of interaction designers, graphic designers and user experience researchers.
- Worked with Amazon Web Services tools to create customer-focused, enterprise-wide, inter-operable, scale-able solutions related to authentication and data delivery.
- Senior UX Designer2011 - 2012Microsoft
Technologies: Adobe Illustrator, Adobe PhotoShop, Microsoft Visio, Expression Blend
- Saved Microsoft approximately $6.5 million annually by identifying and eliminating redundant systems and redesigning the underlying licensing system complexity by creating a user-centric task-based UI for a superior user experience.
- Developed detailed user journeys and design patterns.
- Studied and analyzed processes which linked channel partners, customers, internal Microsoft field and Microsoft operations.
- Enabled a single authentication/authorization process.
- Created an interoperability layer to enable data sharing and onboarding other services quickly without impacting user experience.
- Creative Director2008 - 2011The Boeing Company
Technologies: Adobe PhotoShop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Flash
- Engaged in a wide range of projects—from risk-taking in order to breath new life into an outdated social media strategy, to playing an integral part of the proposal team for Boeing Defense Services as a user experience design lead and strategist.
- Designed high-impact, user-centered experiences with a strong emotional appeal, sophisticated production values, and intuitive navigation to maximize user engagement.
- Acted as the strategy and user experience lead on the proposal US tanker that ultimately secured a $76 billion contract from the United States Air Force in 2010.
- Took a potentially job-ending risk to conceptualize and execute a new social media strategy to create a more relevant brand identity for the Boeing Store.
- Designed some new branded sports apparel items and redesigned the Boeing Store Facebook page which got more than 700,000 likes in the first a week compared to a total of approximately 400 likes during the entire previous year.
- Led the UX design on ground-breaking applications that redefined the commercial aviation services industry by increasing annual revenues for the group from $4.9 million to $5.7 million within two years.
- Played an integral part of the proposal team for Boeing Commercial Airplanes and Boeing Defense Services as a user experience design lead and strategist.
- Certificate in Disability Awareness and Support (Accessibility)2015 - 2015University of Pittsburgh via Coursera - Online
- Certificate in Human Computer Interaction2012 - 2014University of California, San Diego via Coursera - Online
- Certificate in Paradoxes of War (War Studies)2011 - 2012Princeton University via Coursera - Online
- Bachelor's degree in Product Design1993 - 1998Sir J.J. Institute of Applied Art - Mumbai, India
- EMT CertificationJUNE 2018 - PRESENTRed Cross
- SOX CertificationMARCH 2015 - PRESENTMSI | Management and Strategy Institute
- Disability Awareness and SupportJANUARY 2015 - PRESENTUniversity of Pittsburgh via Coursera
- Paradoxes of WarFEBRUARY 2013 - PRESENTPrinceton University via Coursera
- Machine LearningJUNE 2012 - PRESENTStanford University via Coursera
- Human-Centered Design: an IntroductionJANUARY 2012 - PRESENTUniversity of California, San Diego via Coursera