Verified Expert in Design
Vlad is an experienced product designer—specializing in helping companies build momentum. His four design principles—framing, acceleration, consolidation, and implementation—has helped global startups to build data-driven models, launch successful products, and generate outcomes in highly competitive markets. He believes that innovation is a consequence of hard and humble work. Vlad works well in agile teams, where transparency is a golden skill.
My Design Process
Freelance Product Designer
Clients (via Toptal)
- Worked on product and service design projects for a variety of clients.
- Built a tool which creates a shared space and a common language between designers, developers, and stakeholders.
- Performed market research, user interviews, and combined business needs and user behavior.
- Created the information architecture—brainstorming and iterating features according to user feedback.
- Used business and UX frameworks to prioritize, identify, and clarify needs.
- Worked on business and UX development activities.
- Shared my UX and Product expertise for startups part of the accelerator program.
- Was involved in 1:1 mentoring activities with product founders on various topics, such as - UX, Product Market Fit, Business Models, Design Frameworks and Tools.
UX and Product Consultant
- Designed a cross-platform app that creates a database of descriptive info pertaining to the physical home itself, personal property and personal information.
- Worked hand-in-hand with the founder to brainstorm, shape, and iterate the initial idea and product directions.
- Conducted early-stage research and executed the pilot app to validate the idea.
- Aided in the business part to generate specs for the alpha version of the application.
- Executed the end-to-end flows and UX and business decisions.
- Implemented, validated, and iterated low-fidelity and high-fidelity wireframes.
- Generated cross platform visual designs and initiated the design system which serves as a base for any further development.
Head of UX
- Built the design team at Evozon, developed the design thinking culture.
- Did client work, managed organisational, cultural aspects for the entire design department.
Informal School of IT
- My responsibilities included designing the selection process, curricula creation, teaching and mentoring more than 60 people.
- Helped to leverage their creativity and design skills.
- Led UX courses for 20 continental engineers in order to help them improve their working process and collaboration with other internal departments.
- Implemented course topics that included: UX for enterprises, lean UX, research on heavy/limited environments, user segmentation, sketching and prototyping for atypical users, usability on heavy interfaces, tools, and workshops.
Senior UX/UI Designer
- Ensured and took overall responsibility for understanding a stakeholder's brief.
- Created appealing and highly usable interfaces.
- Held stakeholder interviews in order to understand the strong and weak points of the business.
- Took in and digested available analytics and converted it into usable outcomes.
- Designed flows, diagrams, user journeys and personas.
- Wireframing activities.
- Worked with Invision and Marvel App to build high fidelity prototypes.
- Managed to gather user feedback and translate it into action points.
- Executed all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering teams.
- Conceptualized original ideas that bring simplicity and user-friendliness to complex design blockers.
- Ensured that all projects were delivered on schedule.
- Monitored and communicated project status updates to management and stakeholders.
- Created original graphical user interface designs for web applications which support product management.
Bachelor's Degree in Telecommunications
Technical University of Cluj-Napoca - Cluj-Napoca, Romania