Verified Expert in Design
Yuan is a Google alum and a product designer focused on interactive experiences, meaningful products, and distinguished brands. He enjoys finding thoughtful solutions to complex challenges between humans and the technology that surrounds them. He has worked with cross-disciplinary teams at global corporations, such as Google, Barclays, Vodafone, Farfetch and award-winning digital advertising agencies.
Lead Product & Service Designer (Contract)
- Led the work to identify organizational bottlenecks and the redesign of B2B solutions for Farfetch, a global technology company with $721.5 million in funding. The company is focused on connecting the supply and demand of luxury fashion goods and providing a tech platform for fashion enterprises.
Freelance Senior UX and Service Designer
- Created new services for Barclays from the ground up, serving more than 150,000 employees.
- Redesigned internal tools and the structure of the organization.
- Worked with an Agile team on biweekly sprints in which we researched, designed, and validated prototypes that fed into the MVP service and platform.
- Defined a value proposition for a new IoT venture by Vodafone.
- Designed flows with interconnected devices.
- Conducted market and user research.
Design Lead (20% at Google)
- Defined the MVP for a new Android app and new version of the website.
- Developed site architecture, wireframes, and high-fidelity visual specs, and supervised implementation.
- Designed brand guidelines to be implemented across web, app, and marketing materials.
- Created a pattern library for cross-device implementation.
- Managed the remote team of designers and UX researchers.
- Worked with the sales, marketing, and support teams to design Google's customer relationship management web app from the ground up.
- Defined product requirements and roadmap with the cross-functional team and senior stakeholders.
- Conducted user interviews, created user journey maps, and built low- and high-fidelity wireframes for the web application.
- Designed brand guidelines, including layout, typography, and color usage.
- Developed site architecture and wireframes and designed a new version of the Studio Vox website.
- Participated in weekly meetings and pitched concepts with a multidisciplinary team.
- Worked with a cross-disciplinary team to conduct competitive analysis and define value proposition, including future features.
- Worked with a cross-functional team to develop a new digital product line for Hasbro's My Little Pony that utilized 3D printing technology to attract a new market segment.
Code and Theory
- Collaborated with a multidisciplinary team.
- Interpreted copy and art directed digital content, including photography and film work, to social media campaigns for Dr. Pepper/Snapple Group brands.
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic and Interactive Communication
Ringling College of Art and Design - Florida, United States