Why should you use Toptal to build your career?
- Grow your career by working with top companiesAt Toptal, you’ll choose from projects with industry leaders like Airbnb and NetApp and learn cutting-edge design methodologies and skills.
- Never worry about paymentsAt Toptal, you set your own rate, always get paid on time, and never have to worry about negotiating with clients or competing with cheap, inexperienced designers.
- Design your own lifestyleNo offices, no useless meetings, and no mandatory hours. You choose your own availability and enjoy the freedom to work from wherever you want.
- Learn from peers and take advanced coursesHave a question? Ping the Toptal Slack Community for real-time, on-demand support from a global network of top designers. Want to learn a new skill? The Toptal Academy is designed to help you rapidly learn new skills from your peers.
- Get featured on the Toptal Design BlogWith hundreds of thousands of subscribers, advanced design studies, and frequent syndication requests from top industry publications, publishing on the Toptal Design Blog is a unique chance to show off your top work to the best in the industry.
- Speak at conferences and attend eventsNot only will you be able to attend Toptal Community events in cities all around the world, but as part of the Toptal Speakers Network, we’ll also help you attend leading conferences, submit papers, and prepare and deliver keynote speeches.
Meet members of the Toptal UI community:
See 3 typical UI design jobs you’ll have access to at Toptal:
- User Interface DesignerBranding, Web Design, Style Guide, Adobe Creative Suite, SketchWe’re looking for someone to help revamp our existing commercial real estate matching website. We have a logo, but also need someone to help us with other branding efforts, including color, style, and icons. We hope to use these new style elements to improve our website and make it look professional, consistent, and modern.
- Senior UI DesignerBranding, Product Design, Adobe Creative Suite, PowerPointWe’re a 3 person team on a mission to provide dog lovers across the country with the canine health services they need on short notice and with the click of a button. To do this, we need a designer to help us develop a cohesive visual aesthetic for our company that extends across all user-facing touchpoints. You’ll be responsible for designing usable, useful, and delightful responsive web and mobile user interfaces. We currently have a website, but would like to build iPhone and Android apps that help promote our brand and its promise to the canine health community.
- Lead UI DesignerMobile Design, Photoshop, Illustrator, InVisionWe're a small remote startup working on a highly customized e-commerce solution for the millennial market. We are looking for an accomplished UI designer to deliver delightful and engaging customer experiences on mobile & the web. We currently have some rough wireframes and concepts we’d like to have someone expand upon and work with us to create an exceptional shopping experience for users on the go. In addition to creating detailed design specifications for our mobile app and web designs, we’re also looking for someone who can help out with design marketing and sales collateral materials (digital, print, promotional) to support our launch and sales efforts.
Enjoy competitive, worry-free compensation.
Design your own lifestyle.
Join design conferences, advanced skill development sessions, and more.
Taking place in Paris, May 24-26, one of the world’s biggest conferences for startups & leaders offers a chance to meet and collaborate with executives in your industry, develop partnerships with booming startups, and connect with top investors to raise funds.
Iva Touzimska, Technical Recruiter at Toptal, will give a talk titled Right Person / Right Job? where she will explain how hiring the wrong person can cost your startup money, and waste your time. She will also give some tips how to manage risk when recruiting new employees, and give insights from employers who made their dream team a reality.
For more information about the conference, please see the event website.
If you are interested in React (and its alternatives), React Native, and front-end engineering, this is your opportunity to learn from experts in the field, and to gain insights from case studies of practical implementation.
Tejas Bhatt, a Toptal designer, will give a talk titled Dr. De Sign Systems - Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Remove the Chaos. Tejas will share insight into systematic designs, which are gaining more and more attention within the digital product design world.
The event takes place at ISDI ACE, starting from 8:45am; Tejas speaks from 1:50 to 2:30pm. For more information, please see the event website.
We’re hosting a networking event for members of the Toptal Community in Saint Petersburg.
Join us at Bier Stube Restaurant, Saturday, May 26th starting at 3:00 PM.
This event will be a great opportunity to meet fellow Toptalers, including Toptal developer and Community Leader Dmitry Pavlov who will be happy to tell you more about our global network and the benefits of joining.
The event is open to all current and prospective Toptalers, so feel free to bring a guest. Please RSVP on this page to give us an accurate head count. For questions regarding this event, please contact the event organizer directly.
Could a little knowledge of code improve your design workflow? Toptal is pleased to present a workshop for designers who wish to adopt coding as a tool for prototyping. Join us May 26, 10:00am to 1:00pm at Workstation.
Ugo Ifezue, a Toptal designer, will lead this session. He will share his experience working as a product designer who is proficient at HTML and CSS. Then, he will lead a discussion on how to set up an ideal workflow, including tactics such as versioning sketch files and creating libraries with tools like Abstract and Plant.
Please RSVP on this page to give us an accurate headcount. For questions regarding this event, please contact the event organizer.