Why should you use Toptal to build your career?
- Grow your career by working with top companiesAt Toptal, you’ll choose from projects with industry leaders like Airbnb and NetApp and learn cutting-edge design methodologies and skills.
- Never worry about paymentsAt Toptal, you set your own rate, always get paid on time, and never have to worry about negotiating with clients or competing with cheap, inexperienced designers.
- Design your own lifestyleNo offices, no useless meetings, and no mandatory hours. You choose your own availability and enjoy the freedom to work from wherever you want.
- Learn from peers and take advanced coursesHave a question? Ping the Toptal Slack Community for real-time, on-demand support from a global network of top designers. Want to learn a new skill? The Toptal Academy is designed to help you rapidly learn new skills from your peers.
- Get featured on the Toptal Design BlogWith hundreds of thousands of subscribers, advanced design studies, and frequent syndication requests from top industry publications, publishing on the Toptal Design Blog is a unique chance to show off your top work to the best in the industry.
- Speak at conferences and attend eventsNot only will you be able to attend Toptal Community events in cities all around the world, but as part of the Toptal Speakers Network, we’ll also help you attend leading conferences, submit papers, and prepare and deliver keynote speeches.
Meet members of the Toptal UX community:
See 3 typical UX design jobs you’ll have access to at Toptal:
- Lead UX DesignerSketch, InVision, Keynote, Google Office Suite, Storyboarding, PrototypingWe’re a large international auto company looking to add a lead UX designer to our team. In this position, you will be exploring key areas of our user journey with a primary focus on the in-car and mobile experiences. Other responsibilities include implementing the user experience and associated UI framework and assets on a range of products. You will also be following through with processes and tactics to implement the vision. You will be expected to produce user flows, wireframes, prototypes, user interface specifications, and final visual designs.
- eCommerce UX DesignerAdobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Axure, HTML, CSSWe are looking for an eCommerce User Experience designer responsible for translating requirements and wireframes into a brilliant design using our existing design aesthetic and UX best practices. You will design the overall functionality of the product and iterate upon it. We’re looking for someone to translate concepts into wireframes and deliver mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces including desktop web, mobile web, and iOS.
- User Experience DesignerAdobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Axure, HTML, CSSWe’re looking for a talented UX designer to create solutions to complex interface & interaction design challenges, from concept to implementation. We are a large company that is branching off into an exciting niche that we’re hoping will disrupt the K-12 education industry. You will be partnering with key stakeholders to lead the creation of user flows, wireframes, information architecture, and prototypes. You will also run user testing, as well as collaborate with visual designers and content writers during design phases and help assist developers during development phases. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an experienced team that has worked on some of the web's most popular software products. If a successful fit, this will likely evolve into multiple future projects.
Enjoy competitive, worry-free compensation.
Design your own lifestyle.
Join design conferences, advanced skill development sessions, and more.
Back on May 22nd, 2010, a programmer named Laszlo Hanyecz paid 10,000 BTC for two pizzas: the very first real-world transaction made with cryptocurrency. At the time, this technology was just over a year old.
May 22nd is now known as Bitcoin Pizza Day — and Toptalers from Mérida will gather to celebrate with a discussion of current blockchain tech.
The gathering will be a good opportunity to enjoy the company of colleagues — including Greco Rubio, a Toptal developer and Community Leader for Mérida. All are welcome: feel free to bring guests.
Please RSVP on this page to give us an accurate head count. For more information on the event, please contact the event organizer.
Join the 3rd edition of Freelance Hangouts, May 22nd at 6:00pm. This event will feature a special guest: Dženana Preljević-Sadović from Toptal’s Sourcing team, who will join us via livestream around 6:30pm.
Dženana will tell you all about Toptal, how it works, and how freelancing can make your career skyrocket. You will learn:
• What Toptal is, and why it could be the right choice for you
• How to apply to join the network
• How the network operates
• Types of opportunities that Toptal offers
• How to grow as a freelancer in the right community
• and more.
For more information and to RSVP, please see the event website or contact Razvan Burciu directly.
Microsoft Developer User Group in Zagreb is a group of local developers who get together every month to discuss Microsoft platforms and solutions. The group’s next meetup takes place May 22nd at 5:15pm.
Ivan Čuljak, a Toptal developer, will be a featured speaker, with a talk titled Going Serverless on Azure.
Join Ivan to learn about logic apps and functions; functions proxies; API management; and systems that turn the cloud into an event-driven system – event grid.
For more information and to RSVP, please see the event website.
Toptalers are gathering for an afternoon of coworking in downtown Vancouver. Come join us at Breka Bakery and Cafe on May 23rd starting at 3:00 PM and bring your Toptal client work, personal projects, or anything in between.
This event will be a great opportunity to meet fellow Toptalers, including Toptal developer and Community Leader for Vancouver, Luiz Ferreira. If you happen to be in the area between 3:00PM and 6:00PM that day, make sure to drop by and say hello. Feel free to bring a guest if they would enjoy meeting the community, or learning more about the company.
Please RSVP on this page to give us an accurate headcount. For any questions regarding the event, please contact the event organizer, Luiz Ferreira.