Asia is one of the hottest venture markets in the world right now. Find out what savvy investors must understand about this culturally and economically diverse region in order to succeed.
Investors aren’t patrons—they’re business partners, and startups should treat them as such. Regular updates and the occasional call for advice go a long way toward optimizing the relationship.
The state of global private equity in 2020 is complex, mainly due to economic activity drastically contracting since the second quarter. Many businesses are on the brink of collapse. In these extraordinary times, what are the main challenges that private equity funds face?
Raising money as a new private equity fund manager can be a daunting task. Breaking down the tasks into a checklist is an effective way of building a compelling and consistent investment strategy.
For investors fed up with private equity management fees on uncommitted capital, the independent sponsor model might be the answer. Pierre-Alexandre Heurtebize demystifies the growing model, analyzing the pros and cons from the perspective of investors as well as investee companies.
How can PE funds effectively deploy $1.5 trillion in dry powder? One solution: outsource certain types of work to high-quality freelance private equity consultants. Consultants can enhance a PE team’s firepower both internally and externally.
Waterfalls are an integral part of real estate investment terms, dictating the hierarchy of how cash is distributed to investors and the transaction’s sponsors. When structured correctly—with aligned incentives—they ensure that the deal is set up to achieve outsize success.
Family Offices are becoming increasingly popular and prominent in investment circles. Their rise is due to changing economic conditions and the increased flexibility and control that families wish to exert with their capital.
Greg Barasia, CFA
Fully leveraged buyouts are among the most mythical and highly touted transactions on Wall Street. Yet, their success is predicated on successful comprehension of a business’s potential and the ability to negotiate the right terms for a deal.
World-class articles, delivered weekly.
Toptal Finance Experts
- Blockchain Consultants
- Business Management Consultants
- Business Plan Consultants
- Business Process Optimization Consultants
- Certified Public Accountants (CPA)
- Cost Transformation Consultants
- Economic Development Consultants
- Equity Research Analysts
- Excel Experts
- Financial Benchmarking Consultants
- Financial Forecasting Experts
- Financial Modeling Consultants
- Financial Writers
- Fintech Consultants
- FP&A Managers
- Fractional CFOs
- Fundraising Consultants
- FX Consultants
- Growth Strategy Consultants
- Integrated Business Planning Consultants
- Interim CFOs
- Investment Managers
- Investment Thesis Consultants
- Investor Relations Consultants
- M&A Consultants
- Market Sizing Experts
- Pitch Deck Consultants
- Private Equity Consultants
- Procurement Consultants
- Profitability Analysis Experts
- Real Estate Experts
- Restructuring Consultants
- Risk Management Consultants
- Small Business Consultants
- Supply Chain Management Consultants
- Valuation Specialists
- Venture Capital Consultants
- Virtual CFOs
- Xero Experts
- View More Freelance Finance Experts