Toptal is a marketplace for top corporate finance consultants. Top companies and start-ups choose Toptal finance experts for their mission-critical finance projects.
Corporate finance analysts are a driving force behind a company’s goal to maximize shareholder value. They specialize in the finance division within a company in the areas of financing, capital structuring, and investment decisions.
Write a short and catchy paragraph about your company. Make sure to provide information about the company’s culture, perks, and benefits. Mention office hours, remote working possibilities, and everything else that you think makes your company a compelling career choice.
As a corporate finance analyst, you will report to our Director of Finance. You will be responsible for analyzing key business performance metrics and identifying internal organic performance improvement opportunities. Additionally, you will work with the Director of Finance to assess the balance sheet to determine the best plan of action for capital structuring (e.g., refinancing, raising debt/equity) as well as investment decisions (e.g., what our highest ROI projects are). As someone with strong financial acumen and the ability to turn numbers into insights, you will be a pivotal team member expected to help maximize shareholder value.
- Provide executives with clear insights on drivers of business growth, risks, and opportunities.
- Gather and assess financial results. Prepare financial reporting deliverables and explain trends and business drivers. Uncover areas that are underperforming.
- Execute financial due diligence projects on both the buy- and sell-side.
- Determine appropriate valuations of investment projects through detailed analysis (e.g., modeling ROI, IRR, payback period).
- Strive for increased shareholder value through your internal and external assessments and recommendations.
- Education: A bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or similar
- 2+ years of financial analysis experience in investment banking, management consulting, financial planning, and/or corporate strategy
- Experience creating financial models within a corporate finance setting
- Experience developing analytical frameworks and communicating financial concepts
- The ability to spot patterns from numbers