Toptal is a marketplace for top financial consultants. Top companies and start-ups choose Toptal finance experts for their mission-critical finance projects.
Financial consultants are generalists within a company who tend to act as conduits between internal financial functions and frontline commercial teams. Their role is to translate internal financial data and targets into commercial insight that assists the generation of new business. For example, this could comprise mining internal accounts receivable data to uncover trends about the optimal terms to offer clients in order to seal deals.
Write a short and catchy paragraph about your company. Make sure to provide information about the company’s culture, perks, and benefits. Mention office hours, remote working possibilities, and everything else that you think makes your company a compelling career choice.
As a Financial Consultant within our commercial real estate division, you will have a joint reporting structure to the heads of Finance and Sales. Your main remit will be supporting the business development teams in providing financial insight to assist their investment, customer targeting, and pricing decisions. As someone with strong financial and commercial acumen, you will be a pivotal team member expected to contribute toward the continual development of our data management processes.
- Provide financial and commercial advice on any major strategic investments, proposals, pricing changes, and product launches through building clear business cases.
- Model up scenario and sensitivity analyses on potential projects.
- Contribute deal deep dives to the monthly business reporting prepared by the Finance Team.
- Proactively track, manage, prioritize, and advise on all the risks and opportunities of current business development initiatives.
- Liaise with data scientists to test the assumptions of their methods and advise on assumption changes through feedback from the front line.
- Continually train salespeople, collections teams, and divisional managers on how to interpret and manipulate the data available through our internal ERP functions.
- Continually drive a data-driven mindset into the commercial function, being prepared to challenge any existing process and propose enhancements.
- Strive for increased contribution margin through pricing and cost efficiencies driven by your financial analyses.
- Education: A bachelor’s degree in a financial or mathematical area. A master’s degree or accounting qualifications are not a hard requirement but will be looked upon favorably.
- Financial acumen: Ability to review financial datasets and glean actionable insight and patterns.
- Accounting: History of understanding and applying knowledge of company financial statements and accounting principles into commercial functions.
- Forecasting, planning, and budgeting: Comfortability with the forecasting process and demonstrable ability to comprehend the inter-relationships between income statements and balance sheet items.
- Communication skills: A proven track record of translating financial performance and goals into written strategies and gameplans for targeting new businesses.
- Judgment: Sufficient statistical nous to test null hypotheses, derive trends, and discard causational relationships.
- Gravitas: Owning decisions and having the confidence to decisively convey opinion to senior stakeholders.
- Ability to work on multiple projects to tight timescales.