Toptal is a marketplace for top investment bankers. Top companies and start-ups choose Toptal finance experts for their mission-critical finance projects.
An investment banker is an advisor to corporations and/or governments, assisting with capital-raising needs. This entails the requirements of raising money via debt and equity, corporate broking, and transaction services (e.g., mergers & acquisitions).
Investment bankers are a well-leaned upon resource for executives in corporates and governments, due to their job scope encompassing virtually all of the respective entity’s capital market needs.
Great investment bankers combine strong analytical rigor with adept relationship management skills. They often begin their careers in time-intensive roles, compiling financial models and marketing collateral for transactions. As they progress, they become deal makers, soliciting new clients and winning remits to represent the firm on transactions.
An effective investment banker job description will begin by clearly stating the experience level of the position. For more junior roles, an emphasis will be on financial and technical skills, with an additional focus on soft skills that point towards resilience. For more senior roles, clear elaboration on sectoral and deal-specific expertise is paramount.
Write a short and catchy paragraph about your company. Make sure to provide information about the company’s culture, perks, and benefits. Mention office hours, remote working possibilities, and everything else that you think makes your company a compelling career choice.
We require an associate-level investment banker to join our Oil and Gas M&A team. Our practice is growing rapidly and has expanded across geographies in recent years, giving rise to an increase in headcount. The team is diverse and the work is fast-paced. We can offer an unparalleled environment for an ambitious investment banker to expand their deal experience and be at the front of new trends in the industry.
- Prepare industry research & marketing materials to win work and boost business presence in client markets.
- Assist and lead execution of complex client buy-side and sell-side deals and fundraising activities.
- Provide detailed financial analysis, models, and strategic advice to clients and senior colleagues.
- Prepare and deliver client presentations in a clear and compelling manner.
- Represent the firm at networking and industry events.
- Act as a mentor and role model to the more junior members of the team.
- 4+ years experience in M&A investment banking or corporate finance accounting within the following entities: an investment bank, a lead advisory boutique, or M&A departments of accounting/consulting firms.
- Transaction experience within the [energy] sector.
- You should have a strong academic background (a minimum of Bachelor’s degree) from a respected university.
- Relevant qualifications such as ACA or CFA memberships would be advantageous.
- Ability to ensure deliverables are met and work is to standard.
- Fluent in English. The ability to communicate effectively in multiple languages would also be helpful.
- Knowledge of basic accounting and financial concepts, with the ability to analyze and value businesses thoroughly.
- Strong analytical and modeling skills.
- A positive, highly motivated personality, exhibiting strong leadership and management qualities.
- Strong understanding of professional ethics and regulatory environment.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines.