Verified Expert in Finance
Management Consulting Expert
As a Deloitte consulting manager, Aaleem led the creation of a business plan and financial model for a city-owned real estate firm that enabled them to develop 50 properties in ten years. He has helped owners of small companies and executive teams at multi-billion dollar entities optimize their businesses through financial analysis. Aaleem travels extensively, and freelancing allows him to deliver value to companies from any city in the world.
Delta Partner Group
- Built strategies and financial models in the tech and digital sector of a greenfield smart city project for a group of companies, including a wholesale fiber company, a 5G network operator, a regional data center, and a smart city software company.
- Developed the go-to-market strategy for a cognitive city operating system company.
- Advised a mixed reality metaverse and NFT marketplace startup on their partnership strategy.
- Developed the pitch deck for a series A, user-centric, data privacy app that secured $40 million in funding.
- Prepared a report on Singapore's fintech space for eBay’s Global Managed Payments division.
- Created a business plan for a proposed Sharia-compliant equity crowdfunding platform in the UK.
- Conducted due diligence on a crypto arbitrage fund regarding a US$1-million investment by an investment club.
- Advised on the portfolio construction and ETF selection for a Malaysian resident to minimize US withholding tax (WHT).
- Performed due diligence on Sharia-compliant mutual funds for an Islamic robo advisor.
- Built a pitch deck and a financial model to help a regional cannabis company raise $20 million to expand its operations to a different state.
- Built a pitch deck and a financial model to raise the debt financing for the construction of six Airbnb luxury lake homes.
- Advised a $50-million cryptocurrency fund on selecting a new fund administrator, fund domicile, and family of funds strategy.
Fundraising Consultant | Financial Analyst
Canna Growth Industries (via Toptal)
- Built a financial model for the design, development, and construction of ten turnkey facilities that grow and process cannabis each worth $100 million.
- Developed a dynamic investor waterfall model in Excel.
- Created a pitch deck including insights on risks and potential mitigation used to raise a $2-million preseed round.
- Reviewed and modified a forecast of cannabis prices based on analyst reports and macroeconomic indicators.
- Advised the management team on the negotiation of a land option and subsequent purchase-vs-land-lease decision.
Bain & Company
- Was hired as the seventh employee for a neobank to be launched in the Saudi Arabian market; led a team of three to create a 5-year financial model; advised on target market profile and matching product roadmap.
- Built a financial model to analyze the costing of core banking system vendors under multiple user growth scenarios.
- Designed use cases to test the digital banking functionality of short-listed banking system vendors.
- Negotiated with core banking system vendors resulting in final savings of about US$10 million.
- Developed a dynamic financial model that included the monetization of 50 properties over a 10-year period, for a city-owned development corporation.
- Built an asset-based model for the estate valuation of a $200-million real estate holding company.
- Built a discounted cash flow (DCF) valuation based on the introduction of several new products for a medical device manufacturer. The model helped the company obtain a multimillion-dollar, multi-year, global licensing deal for one of their products.
- Conducted an in-depth financial analysis of the operations of a research park, and aggregated and analyzed best practices from research parks across North America to create a new operating model for the park.
- Created a go-to-market strategy for a silver-based pharmaceutical burn cream that included five-year revenue and cost projections.
- Developed a detailed financial model and project analysis for three multi-family development projects in Alberta on behalf of investors to compare and select the best project to pursue.
- Managed the construction and delivery of a 29 story office tower on behalf of the tenant. The project included the relocation of 3000 employees, significant upgrades to the company's technology infrastructure, and the centralization of many shared services.
- Led the restructuring of three portfolio investments.
- Conducted detailed market and business analyses on over 20 companies.
- Presented an overview of the fund to Cenovus’ executive committee.
- Researched, selected, and implemented a venture-focused CRM system.
- Coordinated feedback from engineers, technical experts, and business line managers on potential portfolio companies.
- Built a financial model to value active and fallow fish farms using local real estate prices and the price of fish as inputs.
- Evaluated the financial viability of aquaculture operations, and built data-intensive risk assessment probability models to calculate their potential loss risk.
- Modeled different profit scenarios based on changes in foreign exchange rates and the incorporation of various currency hedging strategies.
- Built detailed cost estimates for aquaculture operations of varying type and size.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) Degree in Business Administration
London Business School - London, England
Bachelor's Degree in Finance
University of Alberta - Edmonton, Alberta
Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies
Princeton University via Coursera
Project Management Professional (PMP)
Project Management Institute (PMI)