Verified Expert in Finance
Management Consulting Expert
Abigail has 15+ years of experience working with leaders inside seed-to-Series-D startups and with Fortune 500 clients as a management consultant. She works across all areas of strategy and operations, from HR and finance to operational design and excellence in customer-facing functions. As a strategist, analyzer, and builder, Abigail has a track record of quickly integrating with teams, distilling root causes, filling ownership gaps, and executing data-driven and people-centric plans.
New Market Entry Strategy, Planning, and Partnership Requirements
Fractional COO | Chief of Staff
Blue Meridian, Inc (Independent)
- Led road mapping, goals, and team alignment. Designed and executed a GTM strategy, developed an org structure, and led key role hiring. Built and led first teams in sales, marketing, CS/CX, field ops, business ops, and people ops.
- Refined the operating model and org structure, diagnosed and solved for scalability in revenue and field ops teams, and developed and launched new markets.
- Acted as a thought partner and founder in pre-seed and seed companies. Designed and ran proof of concept pilots, developed a pitch, and quarterbacked the raising process with the founder.
Interim US GM and Head of Global Operations
- Designed the US market entry strategy and established operational partnership requirements and options for go-to-market execution.
- Prepared and enabled a UK-based company to pivot to the US-first (and only) focus required by the growth plan within three months.
- Established a new US business entity and operations for a UK-based company. Evaluated, selected, and set up operations with third-party operations and finance partners like fractional CFO, PEO, payroll providers, tax, and more.
- Built and implemented a global operating model and structures with a roadmap, OKRs, communications, and weekly accountability to priorities and goals.
Senior Operations Consultant
- Built a strategic roadmap, revenue and cash burn models, budget, and hiring plan to set the company on track to extend its runway and prioritize activities for the next phase of growth.
- Conducted activities with operations, product, and finance teams to prioritize and map out steps to prepare for the next VC raise.
- Advised the CEO on internal operational matters and onboarded the new COO.
Director of Expansion Operations
- Designed and provided an umbrella oversight, roadmap, and tools to launch physical retail pharmacy locations in 20 markets.
- Directed the involvement of all centralized teams—regulatory, CS/CX, logistics, finance, marketing, product, engineering, and IT—during the build-out, licensing, insurance contracting, and launch phases.
- Launched Capsule's Austin market as a stand-in GM. Built anchor channel provider partnerships and set more than 80% customer conversion records.
- Hired, onboarded, and advised new in-market GMs. Built dashboards, KPIs, and basic infrastructure to assess recent market performance and enable zero-to-one customer acquisition and channel partnership efforts.
Chief of Staff
- Led special projects to develop new revenue and tackle operational gaps. Designed and stood up new operations function, resulting in 15 new roles and 30% more customer NPS improvement within two months.
- Built the first KPIs, reports, and profitability analytics to track all functions' performance. Prepared board decks and investor reports as the company grew from 70 to 500+ people within 18 months and raised Series B and C rounds of VC financing.
- Drove due diligence and market entry strategies for seven acquisition opportunities and three new markets.
- Led post-M&A integration to anchor Knotel Europe, enabling operational scalability to unlock 3.3 times the ARR.
Booz & Company
- Managed and led teams with two to 15 members on C-level strategy and operations projects, spanning five countries.
- Led a remote team to find and capture $32 million in operational improvements for a major US health insurer.
- Headed supply chain transformations for flagship business units of global manufacturers, impacting more than $4 billion in sales.
- Managed C-suite coordination, roadmap, and scenario plans for M&A and large-scale transformations.
Master's Degree in Business Administration (MBA)
Columbia Business School - New York, NY, USA
Bachelor's Degree in Political Science
Yale University - New Haven, CT, USA
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring