Ahmad Deeb, CFA
Verified Expert in Finance
Ahmad is an investment manager for a number of Islamic and traditional banks and a former private equity analyst at the Palestine Investment Fund where he helped lead numerous transactions. He was also an economist for many agencies like USAID, Deloitte, and GIZ and began his career as an equity analyst covering the MENA region. Throughout his career, he built his operational and financial skills through working with SMEs and big corporations.
The National Bank
- Managed over $100 million in an investment portfolio for two major banks, and several high net worth individuals consisting of several asset classes: private equity, equity investments, fixed income, and metals.
- Designed a new portfolio reporting mechanism that reduced reporting time and increased accuracy.
- Created weekly and monthly investment update reports on current trends in equity (sector-focused), fixed income (duration and currency focused), and private equity trends in the MENA region.
Senior Investment Analyst
Palestine Investment Fund
- Built leveraged buyout and M&A models for agriculture, stone and marble, and SME financing.
- Prepared presentations for capital raise and advisory meetings developing equity financing models for tech startups, renewable energy (solar), and real estate.
- Developed detailed spreadsheets to analyze trends and forecasts contributing to the company's budget review and leading to the identification of legacy costs from acquisitions and ultimately increased margins.
Economic and Finance Specialist
- Developed collected, monitored, and analyzed data collection tools and procedures.
- Built an economic forecasting model through which project impact potential can be assessed and reported on metrics measured.
- Ensured timely and accurate report development and submission to the chief of party and our pool of donors.
Senior Financial Consultant
Solutions for Development Consulting
- Designed and implemented market research and analysis reports focused on several high value-added sectors (agriculture, finance, insurance, SME financing) while also delivering training sessions to beneficiaries in accounting and financial planning.
- Drafted extensive reports and presentations, quantifying the target markets for venture capital and private equity investors, identifying potential investment targets, and highlighting key M&A and capital raising trends.
- Researched market trends and conducted competitive analyses by analyzing and presenting information as part of internal and external market reports.
Master's Degree in Economics
Birziet University - Ramallah, Palestine
Bachelor of Arts Degree in Finance
Birzeit Universty - Ramallah, Palestine
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring