Verified Expert in Finance
Management Consulting Expert
Alexandros is a highly committed and results-driven pricing professional with a track record of significant top and bottom-line impact across Tier 1 eCommerce, marketplaces, and consumer goods businesses (Samsung, Philips, and eBay). He now freelances to contribute his 10+ years of deep expertise in engaging and challenging pricing and financial modeling projects.
Financial Planning & Analysis
Pocket Price Waterfall Analysis
Senior Pricing Analyst
- Led the post-merger integration in the pricing domain since May 2022.
- Contributed €18.4+ million/year incremental impact to the P&L by optimizing a complex portfolio of 5000+ prices and diverse promotions.
- Managed the end-to-end data project lifecycle, from business requirements to final deployment.
- Collaborated cross-functionally with business owners, product managers, engineers, and marketers.
- Developed an AI-based pricing algorithm with a machine learning technology stack including R, Python, and SQL.
- Redesigned the pricing data feeds to enable closed loops across internal platforms.
- Optimized the CRM and website retention campaigns with multi-armed bandit experiments.
- Enhanced the acquisition promotions in paid channels like SEA and Facebook with non-linear regression.
- Delivered the fully automated analysis of A/B/n tests via R and Python scripts and self-service dashboards.
- Designed and implemented a fully automated pricing data collection for 40 competitors.
- Led cross-functional pricing transformation partnering with business development, data science, marketing, product management, and finance.
- Managed and optimized 20,500 individual price points through mathematical optimization, A/B testing experiments, and supervised machine learning techniques.
- Delivered €6.1 million per year incremental revenue from price optimization and €3.8 million per year by introducing an innovative freemium pricing strategy.
- Increased the GMV take rate percentage by 1.2% for the horizontal business despite Facebook's entrance into the marketplaces.
- Increased the customer base by 24.7%, improved product adoption by 13.4% and diversified the product mix through advanced cross-elasticity pricing analytics.
- Introduced innovative price-drop communications through in-app notifications on iOS and Android.
- Balanced inevitable pricing trade-offs between monetization, market share and NPS, while reduced price-related financial risk through a Monte Carlo stochastic simulation.
- Implemented a highly accurate price-revenue forecast model based on exponential smoothing and deseasonalized time series with a 0.8% error rate.
- Performed competitive benchmark against Facebook Marketplace, AliExpress, AutoScout24, Bol.com, beslist.nl.
- Implemented new pricing monitoring mechanisms with automated cloud-based dashboards.
Commercial Analytics Manager
Philips TV EMEA HQ (TPV Technology)
- Conducted pricing, business, market, and competitor analysis for a $900 million business.
- Introduced and performed profit and loss statements (P&L) per customer, enabling profitability initiatives that improved EBITDA by 3.1%.
- Advised on the product pricing strategy through price elasticity and a pocket price Waterfall analysis and additional 10.8% net top line.
- Performed due diligence for strategic projects such as geographical expansion and new brand.
- Consulted on the long-term roadmap of a product portfolio through a market segmentation analysis.
- Collaborated with marketing and implemented a customer lifetime value and return on investment analysis.
- Forecasted market demand by product category with a 1.3% accuracy deviation.
- Partnered with the managing directors in formulating strategic plans and annual budgets.
- Supported local commercial directors in formulating a channel strategy and optimizing the product-customer mix.
Market Intelligence Analyst
Samsung European HQ
- Delivered management reporting and analysis for smartphones, tablets, and wearables in Europe.
- Supported business development with analysis enabled Samsung to turn around the tablet business and replace Apple from the number one position.
- Performed portfolio benchmark against existing and upcoming competitors like Apple, Huawei, Sony, and others.
- Partnered with the business development team on sizing new market opportunities like B2B, IoT, and shaped Go-to-market Strategy.
- Advised the European portfolio team regarding demand potential, market fit and price positioning of new products.
- Introduced innovative KPI dashboard endorsed by the EU executive team.
- Liaised and collaborated with local subsidiaries and Korea headquarters.
- Delivered impactful presentations across workshops with key accounts such as Vodafone, Telefonica, and more.
Philips Global HQ
- Generated monthly sales, pricing, and market share reports for all European countries.
- Supported commercial strategy activities, including pricing, benchmarking, competition and market sizing.
- Restructured reporting processes, which improved efficiency by 36%.
Master of Business Administration Degree (MBA) in Business Administration
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam - Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Master's Degree in Engineering
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki - Thessaloniki, Greece
Distribution, Market Power and Investigations
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring