Verified Expert in Finance
Allan served as an investment banker for more than $300 million of transactions and as a CFO with experience executing financial, operation, and reporting processes. Allan empowers his clients to realize their visions by providing tactical and hands-on input on business development, fundraising, and M&A.
Founder and CEO
- Built a founding team of veterinary and fish cell research experts in obtaining cultivated meat regulatory approvals and the seafood industry.
- Raised undisclosed funds for using biotechnology to cultivate caviar and roe for climate action, conservation, and animal welfare in a $2.4-billion market.
- Was responsible for investor outreach, including documentation, lead generation, and transaction execution.
- Originated retained revenue streams from various corporates and family offices on business development, fundraising, and M&A projects. Raised tens of millions of dollars for several clients in spin-off transactions, private investments, and more.
- Identified potential investors, negotiated fundraising documentation, and prepared narratives for investor relations. Developed interests and competitive tension from strategic investors and financial sponsors.
- Prepared information memoranda, presentations, three-statement financial models, scenarios, and sensitivity analyses. Led due diligence, valuation negotiation, and drafting of share purchase or subscription agreements and shareholder agreements.
- Raised circa $15 million from the sale of 6.5% of a major food exporter to Mitsubishi.
- Raised circa $25 million for a food exporter from private investors in a spin-off transaction.
- Raised circa $13 million from the sale of 35% of a food exporter to private investors.
- Raised an undisclosed sum from the sale of 100% of a food importer in a series of transactions.
- Acted as the CFO and handled fundraising initiatives for technology, the Internet of things (IoT), logistics, and acquisition companies.
- Raised c. US$3.1m round, attracted first seafood and China investors and created competitive tension.
- Established and managed investor relationships, prepared presentations, Q&A, and transaction documentation.
- Prepared budget, CAPEX, forecast and sensitivity analysis based on various bioprocess and financial metrics.
- Managed stakeholder relationships, international expansion, and corporate restructuring matters.
- Structured and edited a wide range of investment documentation and strategic collaboration agreements.
Executive and Advisor
- Licensed by the Securities and Futures Commission for Type 1 (dealing in securities) and Type 6 (advising on corporate finance) regulated activities.
Hoi On Security
- Managed the overall finances, namely marketing, tender, quotation, and negotiation for businesses, leading to approx. USD $2.0 million in sales.
- Collected approx. USD $0.5 million of the overdue receivable by litigation and other means.
- Created standardized employment documentation and spearheaded a standardized operation procedure at HQ and over 30 other locations, leading to approx. USD $0.2 million savings in employment-related claims and insurance premiums.
- Streamlined the management structure and engineered digitalization and automation systems to reduce 40% of full-time admin headcount and circa USD $0.1 million of the annual management cost.
- Provided training to admin and operating staff and resolved six years of outstanding tax matters.
Little Paris Arts
- Owned all non-educational parts of the business, including marketing, operation, and recruitment.
- Generated approx. 10x cash return from the initial investment in less than one year.
- Executed online marketing campaigns resulting in over 400 customers.
- Originated and executed a wide range of consumer and food production mandates leading to over USD $10 million revenue.
- Prepared documentation and financial models, identified and originated investment offers, managed due diligence, led negotiation on valuation and transaction terms, and coordinated the execution of definitive documentation.
- Raised circa USD $30 million from the sale of 100% of an animal nutrition company to Aboitiz in a spin-off transaction.
- Raised circa USD $42 million for a newly established JV invested by Standard Chartered Private Equity and an electronics import-export company which injected a 60-store electronic retailer into the JV.
- Raised circa USD $90 million from the sale of 36% of a crop chemicals/rice company engaged in manufacturing, import and export to Standard Chartered Private Equity.
- Raised circa USD $96 million from the sale of 40% of a major animal nutrition company by Prudential to Masan.
- Contributed to the joint sponsorship, global coordination, and bookrunning of the USD $148 million IPO of Hongguo on the main board of the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong and Rule 144A/Regulation S Global Offering.
- Advised China National Chemical Corporation (ChemChina) on its global acquisition strategy.
Intern Analyst | Metals and Mining
- Advised UC Rusal, Russia’s largest aluminum company, on the restructuring of its USD $17 billion of debt from more than ten banks.
- Counseled Rio Tinto (LSE: RIO; ASX: RIO) on its defense from BHP Billiton’s (LSE: BLT; ASX: BHP) USD $147 billion hostile offer, the largest hostile merger in corporate history.
UBS Wealth Management
- Compiled various risk reports using Excel VBA.
- Presented major transaction errors to desk and risk department heads.
- Conducted investigations and suggested preventative measures.
- Coordinated with legal, compliance, anti-money laundering, and other desks concerning operational risk matters.
Progress Toward an Executive MBA in Business Administration
University of Chicago - Chicago, IL, USA
Bachelor of Science Degree in Biochemistry with a Minor in Social Sciences
Hong Kong University of Science and Technology - Clear Water Bay Peninsula, New Territories, Hong Kong
Exchange Program in Biology
University of Waterloo - Waterloo, Ontario, Canada