Verified Expert in Finance
Amin is an experienced finance professional and private equity investor, having served as the CFO of two middle-market companies and successfully executed buyout acquisitions representing over $1 billion of invested capital. After a successful 20+ year career, Amin is now advising founders and management teams on capital raising, business planning, and M&A efforts. He has experience working with both well-established and startup organizations in the business services and technology sectors.
Company and Industry Information on an Acquisition Target
DCF-based Valuation Model for Stock Option Grant
Break Point Capital LLC
- Served on the board and invested in a software startup in the integrated payments space. Advised the company on its business planning and capital raising efforts, raising over $1.1 million in early-stage financing to date.
- Created a detailed projection model and investor presentation deck for a startup in the cryptocurrency space. Helped define the target market, revenue model, unit economics, and overall business strategy.
- Pursued buyout acquisitions of lower middle-market companies in the business services sector, focusing on defensible businesses generating recurring or predictable revenue streams, leading all underwriting and transaction structuring efforts.
- Built a strong network of equity and debt investors available to fund acquisition opportunities.
- Led private equity investments across companies in the services and technology sectors through sourcing, execution, value creation, and exit. Served as an active board member and advisor on several highly successful investments.
- Led the acquisition of a leading facilities services company, driving growth through technology enablement, business improvement, and add-on acquisitions, resulting in revenues and EBITDA doubling over a 5-year period and a highly successful exit.
- Backed a highly seasoned management team to create a new commercial real estate finance company, assisting with company formation, strategic growth and exit, and growing the market cap to $1.7 billion at the time of IPO.
- Helped execute an investment in a growing cable and broadband provider, managing all aspects of the investment from origination through the exit, nearly doubling EBITDA over five years and resulting in a highly successful exit.
- Participated in several investments in the data center/IT infrastructure space, helping acquire, grow, and exit the investments. Relevant businesses include a dedicated hosting provider, a cloud computing platform, and a co-location provider.
- Executed several other investments across the technology, telecommunications, and business services sectors, closely collaborating with founders and management teams to create enduring value.
- Led several internal firm development initiatives, including recruiting efforts for junior and mid-level professionals and the portfolio’s annual audited valuation process.
Two GI Partners Sponsored Portfolio Companies
- Served as the interim CFO of one of the leading luxury-tier wine brands in Napa Valley. Led all aspects of the finance function and completed several value-enhancing projects, such as unit costing, which led to improved product profitability.
- Served as the CFO of one of the largest independent movie production studio lots in Los Angeles. Managed all accounting and financial reporting functions.
- Collaborated with the CEO as a strategic thought partner to identify and implement various business development, revenue enhancing and acquisition initiatives, resulting in significant bottom line contribution and increased exit value.
- Built a fully staffed accounting department and implemented Netsuite ERP, leading to significantly enhanced accuracy, visibility, and management reporting capabilities.
Master of Business Administration Degree (MBA) in Finance
The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Bachelor's Degree in Structural Engineering
University of California, San Diego - San Diego, California, USA
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring