Verified Expert in Finance
Management Consulting Expert
With +20 years of experience in management consulting at Kearney and startups development, Andrea is keen on helping clients with strategy definition, business planning, and market research. His background in the US and major European countries–also thanks to his dual US-Italian citizenship–allowed him to develop deep market knowledge, valuable to support international expansion plans. Furthermore, Andrea founded and continues to grow a money-making eCommerce startup in the luxury travel niche.
Founder – General Manager
Blue Travel LLC
- Created a new eCommerce startup in the travel business. Achieved growing revenues each year since the launch day (18% CAGR), resulting in a highly profitable small business–20% after-tax cash flow.
- Launched three new brands, registered as trademarks, and created a portfolio of more than 100 services, including vacation packages and experiences, to the travel luxury segment.
- Developed the go-to-market strategy, including the website, social media channels, content strategy, sales channels, and partnerships with Viator, Expedia, Luxury Retreats, Airbnb Lux, and Urban Adventures.
- Became an expert in web marketing with in-depth knowledge of pay-per-click advertising using AdWords, Bing, Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram. Personally managed and optimized over 20 advertising campaigns and more than 100 ad groups.
- Set up two companies, one in Boston and the controlled entity in Florence, Italy, and opened two offices. Selected and hired a team of 12 employees and over 30 external contractors.
- Designed an IT back-end system to manage bookings, scheduling, and client and suppliers database, with an integrated eCommerce module. Oversaw the team of developers that realized the coding for the project.
- Administered finance and accounting, setting up bank accounts in various countries and currencies and negotiating to finance with credit institutions.
Director of Strategy and Business Analysis
- Conducted the negotiation for a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) contract with Vodafone and created a model to evaluate the financial impact of the terms being discussed. The negotiation concluded successfully and the contract was signed.
- Created a business plan to launch mobile services in the Italian market, analyzed market evolution scenarios, and performed simulations. Also produced the new offering of mobile services for residential clients.
- Performed analysis on the smartphones market, including tech specs, pricing, competitors, and consumer preferences. It completely redefined the smartphone lineup by introducing new models and changes in product features, pricing, and positioning.
- Managed negotiations for the new market launch of mobile services in Latam markets, including Chile, Bolivia, and Ecuador.
Founder – Head of Strategy and Marketing
- Founded a startup that offered advertising and market analysis services directed to advertising and media planning agencies. Used a SaaS based on proprietary algorithm/platform able to analyze commercial breaks on TV and Internet channels.
- Created the strategy, business plan, and investor presentations resulting in the acquisition of seed financing from private angel investors.
- Built and implemented the go-to-market strategy by creating the new brand, developing the website and social media channels, managing advertising campaigns, and supervising content creation and influencers, bloggers, press, and traditional media.
- Managed product development and marketing mix. Created and led a sales team targeting advertising and branding agencies, media planning agencies, and corporate marketing departments.
Strategy and Marketing Director
- Started up the digital television business unit: designed the organizational structure, recruited key people, defined the content strategy, and negotiated content deals with key providers like SKY, Mediaset, and RAI.
- Directed the strategy and planning department by managing the business plan, financial analysis, simulation, pricing strategy, promotion plans and tactics, and profitability analysis.
- Led the marketing department overseeing a team of seven and a budget of €24 million.
- Played a key role in handling product—VOD and linear channels line-up, packages, and features—and communication, including TV platform video promos, ATL, BTL, events management, and physical displays.
- Handled the sales channels, working on retail, inbound and outbound call center, and web.
- Performed the strategy definition, financial modeling, and company valuation for an M&A deal. The project delivered an $800 million acquisition of a fixed-line operator listed in the Paris exchange – Client: Confidential – Country: France.
- Conducted cost savings analysis for the procurement function of the integrated telecom operator. Project delivered 6% cost savings worth €36 million – Client: Telecom Italia – Country: Italy.
- Produced the growth strategy and business plan for the internet access and value-added services of a fixed-line telecom provider – Client: Retevision – Country: Spain.
- Created the market entry strategy and marketing plan to launch 3G services and phones in Italy – Client: NTT Docomo – Countries: Japan and Italy.
- Forecasted the market evolution of the television streaming services over satellite, fixed, and mobile platforms for a leading national TV broadcaster – Client: RAI – Country: Italy.
- Performed the due diligence, turnaround plan, and financial analysis for a management buy-out in the vending machines business. The project supported a successful MBO deal – Client: Confidential – Country: Italy.
- Supported an investment bank with the due diligence of an industrial batteries producer for an M&A deal. Delivered the financial impact of industrial synergies and cost savings – Client: Confidential – Country: Confidential.
- Created a model to forecast and simulate the evolution of the electricity prices to support an M&A deal. The model was based on macroeconomic and market scenarios: power generation market, oil prices, and more – Client: Confidential – Country: Italy.
- Provided pricing analysis of electricity production and interconnection prices as the technical advisor in support of a civil lawsuit for a leading European electric utility – Client: Confidential – Country: Switzerland.
- Led a cross-functional team in developing a corporate strategic plan for a major EU electric utility. This was the company's first-ever strategic plan and supported its privatization and listing on the Milan and NYSE – Client: ENEL – Country: Italy.
- Supported the budgeting process and the creation of financial reporting for top management.
- Performed analysis to support the marketing department: profitability and product pricing.
- Carried out analysis to help the manufacturing area: plant efficiency, make and buy, and cost savings.
Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA)
Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University - Chicago, IL, USA
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration and Economics
Bocconi University - Milan, Italy