Verified Expert in Finance
Management Consulting Expert
Andrew has executed mergers and acquisitions (M&A) for companies ranging from startups to Fortune 50. A Wharton MBA, Andrew has experience in investment banking (J.P. Morgan), consulting (Bain), and private equity (Lake Capital), where he has led teams through the full M&A process. Andrew is currently focused on advising business owners, helping them maximize value and achieve other goals when selling their company.
Private Equity Inaugural Fund Investor Deck
- Worked for Bayshore GP. The company provides financial advisory services to middle-market companies to help maximize value, primarily by advising business owners in selling their companies. They focus on advising physicians/doctors and other medical and healthcare practices.
- Contributed to the M&A sell-side engagement for a wellness and aesthetics group.
- Was hired to work on the M&A sell-side engagement for a physician practice group.
Partner, family office
Ray Growth Partners
- Co-led a majority acquisition of an engineering and design firm. Led an add-on acquisition of a related construction company. Served as an interim CFO, increasing EBITDA margins by 28%.
- Co-led the investment in Evolve Security, an offensive cybersecurity services firm specializing in penetration testing.
- Co-led the investment in Cloudsaver, Inc., a leading cost optimization solution provider for enterprise IT organizations, focusing on cloud spend (e.g., AWS).
Founder and CEO
Innisfree Growth Partners, LLC
- Founded a firm to acquire and manage a single established business and provide consulting services to help businesses accelerate growth through M&A and operational improvements.
- Advised the CFO of a $20 billion consumer packaged goods business; benchmarked client performance against competitors on key metrics—including price, volume, and distribution—to identify areas for improvement.
- Developed growth strategies for two nascent businesses of Fortune 20 healthcare companies; conducted market research and analysis of emerging technologies to develop a strategy to expand offerings from fewer than 50 stores to more than 3,000 stores.
- Created the strategy and investor materials for an inaugural $50 million private equity fund to leverage the founders' deep experience in technology transformations to create value for investors.
- Defined the strategy for a repair company to improve its service levels and reduce costs by streamlining inventory purchasing, optimizing dispatching and routing, defining KPIs, and providing incentive plans aligned to KPIs.
- Identified and evaluated the acquisition of companies with EBITDA ranging from $1 to $15 million across several industries, including healthcare, infrastructure construction, and business services.
- Formed relationships with lenders and equity investors to secure financing for acquisition opportunities, resulting in successful capital commitments totaling more than $30 million, across multiple acquisition opportunities.
Case Team Leader
Bain & Company
- Managed teams of 2 – 4 consultants on project-based client engagements.
- Performed due diligence of a private equity platform acquisition in the quick service restaurant industry. Evaluated the company's competitive positioning with different customer segments and franchisees and determined that the investment thesis was supported.
- Conducted due diligence of a private equity platform acquisition candidate in the dental industry; determined growth forecasts were not achievable due to low industry growth rates, market saturation, and lack of differentiation.
- Assisted a client in the spin-off of a $6 billion revenue biopharmaceutical business from a global healthcare company. Established new systems and designed the organization to allow the two companies to operate separately.
- Developed a new strategy for a leading private equity firm ahead of the firm raising its 4th fund. The strategy capitalized on the fund's cultural strength and deep expertise in four industry verticals.
- Led the integration of part of the procurement groups of two merging fertilizer manufacturing companies. Created an integration roadmap and identified procurement cost synergies.
- Evaluated core business and adjacency opportunities to develop the growth strategy for a $1 billion revenue industrial client.
- Redesigned the operating model for a high-growth pharmaceutical company. Defined the organizational structure, accountabilities, and decision-making processes to support the company's growth strategy.
- Worked with the CEO and senior management team of a leading insurance provider to position the company successfully in negotiating a contract extension with its top customer.
Private Equity Investor
Lake Capital ($1.3 Billion Private Equity Group)
- Completed all due diligence, legal documentation, and financing for the acquisition of WBB, a government contracting firm. Led a syndicate of lenders through successful acquisition financing, negotiating term sheets, and credit agreements.
- Developed the investment thesis, determined valuation, and completed due diligence for the platform acquisition of ORC International, a global market research company.
- Co-led a sale process for the sale of IT Solutions and Commercial Sales divisions of NetStar-1, a federal government contractor, leading to a successful sale.
- Co-led a sale process of NAL Worldwide, a leading 3rd-party logistics provider, leading to a successful sale.
- Developed industry investment theses and led the firm's deal sourcing in healthcare services. Identified and executed diligence on several platform candidates.
- Worked closely with the management teams of five portfolio companies on growth and operational improvement initiatives, annual budgeting, and financing initiatives.
- Selected as the sole associate to lead the firm's fundraising activities. Developed a private placement memorandum, prepared a data room, coordinated with the legal team to ensure SEC compliance, and communicated with investors on diligence requests.
- Co-led Lake Capital's associate recruiting and training program.
- Developed a financial model and investor materials for a Series B round for an online standardized test preparation business.
Investment Banking Analyst
- Advised the Ford Motor Company on its $1.8 billion sale of Volvo Car Corporation to Zhejiang Geely. Coordinated the teams in Dearborn, Sweden, London, and Chicago to develop marketing materials and facilitate diligence process. Developed detailed operating and valuation models to evaluate competing bids and determine debt capacity.
- Performed a comprehensive valuation analysis—utilizing leveraged buyout, discounted cash flow, comparable company, precedent transaction and sum-of-parts methodologies for companies in the automotive, paper, packaging, and building products industries.
- Prepared various client presentations on strategic alternatives, including acquisitions, public and private market financing alternatives, leveraged buyouts, and initial public offerings.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) Degree in Health Care Management
University of Pennsylvania - Philadelphia, PA, USA
Bachelor's Degree in Finance
University of Michigan - Ann Arbor, MI, USA
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring