Verified Expert in Finance
Andrew is a senior business executive with over 20 years of capital markets experience. He is also a Veteran. Andrew has sourced, analyzed, structured, and executed over $1 billion of public and private investments throughout his career. He uses his unique insight and experience to help business leaders optimize their financial structures to scale, reduce inefficiency and wasted time, and increase their bottom line
- Attained and maintained SEC registration as a digital investment advisor.
- Successfully created an IRA investment product for small businesses, which includes integrating digital broker-dealers to drive wealth.
- Completed the Independent Community Bank of America Accelerator https://www.icba.org/solutions/innovation/accelerator.
- Mandated to raise $50 million in loans for www.surefox.com from investment banks and hedge funds.
- Led activist campaign for a multi-billion publicly traded advertising business that achieved a 30%+ IRR and was nominated to the company’s board of directors, helping to drive material corporate governance improvements.
- Sourced, analyzed, and led the investment process for $200+ million in long and short SaaS, media and consumer high-yield credit and equity positions, outperforming the market in aggregate.
- Sourced and invested in Answers.com via a negotiated distressed debt purchase. Participated in the restructuring of the business including the sale of the enterprise SaaS business Webcollage to Gladson, a U.K. buyer.
- Sourced, evaluated and led the negotiations for the purchase of other tobacco product companies as part of Turning Point Brands' (NYSE: TPB) $50 million M&A roll-up strategy.
- Assisted in a $100 million special purpose vehicle capital raise.
- Developed a network of CEOs, CFOs and board members across a broad number of technology, media, and consumer companies.
- Allocated and led analysis for $150 million in SaaS, media, and consumer-focused investments.
- Sourced, evaluated and executed numerous venture investments including transportation platform Lyft and an early-stage international tower communication platform.
- Sourced and led an investment in a payment technology platform, which became the fund's most substantial and best-performing asset.
- Created and implemented a bespoke investment tracking platform which was used to enhance investment performance and idea throughput.
- Built financial models to analyze the historical and projected impact of secular trends on portfolio companies’ financial performance.
Founder and Chief Investment Officer
- Raised $10 million of seed capital in 2009, during one of the most challenging fundraising environments in recent history.
- Recruited and managed a team of five full-time employees and four consultants.
- Grew assets under management by 300% over three years via appreciation of the investment portfolio as well as new fundraising.
- Created and presented a financial model to potential seed investors, negotiated seed deal terms, structured transaction, and executed the necessary legal agreements.
- Led investments in technology, media and consumer sector which materially outperformed the market.
- Worked with high-growth SaaS company Archipelago Learning on a dual-track IPO and sale process.
- Advised Del Monte on the $360 million sale of Starkist Tuna to Dongwon of South Korea. This transaction was the largest consumer M&A deal of the year in South Korea.
- Worked with senior management and clients to analyze, structure, and execute mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, leveraged buyouts, sales, IPOs, and recapitalizations in the consumer sector.
- Assist BLB investors in a $500 million term loan add-on offering.
- Advised the sell-side process of Campbell Soup's subsidiary Godiva for $850 million.
- Oversaw 500 artillery rounds fired without friendly fire casualty, loss of any of 2,000 supported soldiers, or loss of supported aircraft whose value totaled an aggregate of $1.2 billion.
- Presented situational analysis concerning new techniques to integrate artillery and Army Attack Aviation to Lieutenant General Sanchez, the Commander of all ground forces in Iraq.
- Developed a proprietary, innovative targeting strategy and, as a Captain, was assigned to be a Brigade Fire Support Officer in Baghdad, Iraq, a position typically held by an officer with seven years more seniority.
- Led a team of over 100 soldiers on numerous training and live fire missions in Ft. Hood Texas and Baghdad, Iraq. As a result of the rigorous training implemented, my team suffered minimal casualties while accomplishing all of our mission objectives in Baghdad, Iraq.
- Awarded the Army Commendation Medal for meritorious service in the face of enemy attacks.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) Degree in Finance
Columbia Business School - New York, NY
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
United States Military Academy at West Point - West Point, NY
Board of Director Training
Stanford Law School - Director's College
Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)