Verified Expert in Finance
Andrew has deep expertise in valuation techniques for hard-to-value securities, which he developed while working at AEP Capital (private equity) and Houlihan Lokey (portfolio valuation). During these five years, he applied the knowledge he gained to his own startup ventures, Sports Scene, and Ostrich. Andrew enjoys the freedom and variety that comes with freelancing, and he can be counted on to deliver high-quality work in a timely fashion.
Valuation Model: $302 Million Inbound Offer Evaluation
COO | Co-founder
- Co-founded Ostrich, a company rewarding college students for taking positive financial actions so they can enjoy their 20s guilt-free.
- Raised $250k pre-seed round from angels and strategic investors.
- Created a financial model used for both internal and fundraising purposes.
- Developed and executed in-person, event-based activations on college campuses around the US.
- Recruited developers and advisory board members to build out the team and add the required expertise.
Fundraising Consultant (US / Sports / Athletics / Platform)
- Collaborated with the CEO to define the value problem, value prop, and pitch story.
- Developed a pitch deck to be used in investor presentations.
- Designed customer interviews to deepen understanding of the problem and develop a pricing strategy.
- Refined go-to-market strategy by narrowing down on specific target niche to maintain focus.
Fundraising (Platform / Seed / Women Entrepreneurs)
- Developed business model in conjunction with CEO and built full financial model to inform fundraising needs.
- Developed go-to-market strategy for two-sided marketplace.
- Created story with CEO and designed pitch deck for fundraising purposes.
Plymouth Argyle Football Club
- Developed a flexible operating model for the board to use in their decision-making regarding operations during the COVID-19 shutdown.
- Created scenarios for board analysis based on altering key input variables, such as season start dates, length of season, crowd size, wage budget and staff furloughs, and other cost-cutting measures.
- Worked with the CEO, executive board members, and the finance department to analyze recent historical results and create projections for the coming 2020/2021, 2021/2022, and 2022/2023 seasons.
- Conducted quarterly valuations for over 100 positions held by clients in debt and equity of subject companies worth anywhere from $5 million up to as much as $10 billion.
- Advised clients holding complex securities, explaining valuation methodologies and results.
- Gained experience working across a wide variety of industries with specific expertise in SaaS, infrastructure, and real estate.
- Participated in two successful pitches for business as part of the presenting team and built several other successful pitch decks.
- Collaborated with the tax and financial reporting teams on fairness opinions for deals worth as much as $5.1 billion.
- Created a taxonomy for the portfolio valuation process to be used as training material for new hires.
CEO | Co-founder
- Created and co-founded Sports Scene, providing large, framed photographic montages to colleges to be presented to student-athletes, usually as a graduation gift or for winning competitions.
- Worked with three colleges in Central Florida, designing and producing montages unique to each individual athlete across 14 sports.
- Ran every aspect of the business including the legal process of creation, procurement of photographs, negotiation with suppliers and colleges for orders, design of the montages using Photoshop, and production and delivery of those montages.
- Designed the business model in such a manner that it was profitable from day one.
- Sourced and vetted numerous investment opportunities, using both operational frameworks and valuation analyses.
- Built three-statement financial models including a full DCF valuation of a portfolio company, using management projections.
- Carried out the 2016 budgeting process for a portfolio company, redesigning their spreadsheets and improving the accuracy of their projections.
- Analyzed demographic data for a portfolio company, using regression analysis to provide insight into optimal new school locations.
- Coordinated with management and Stephens Investment Bank to create a confidential information memorandum (CIM) for an ongoing portfolio company sale process.
MBA in Finance – Competitive and Organizational Strategy
Simon Business School, University of Rochester - Rochester, NY, USA
Bachelor's Degree in International Business
Rollins College - Winter Park, FL, USA