Associate Investment Banking
Coherent Capital Management
2015 - PRESENT
- Advised companies with their strategic transactions and inorganic growth strategy across countries.
- Built financial models with sensitivity and scenario analyses to derive the impact of various probable events.
- Secured the mandates for capital raising and investor access.
- Performed feasibility studies for the transfer of technology to infer value addition, output analysis, cost reduction, project economic benefits, and evaluate synergies.
- Worked with a specialty foods company in raising capital for their growth and strategic motives.
- Worked with an Indian defense company to forge an alliance with a foreign defense company for the transfer of technology and to form a joint venture—in order to develop new technologies for an upcoming surge of order flow under an offset policy.
- Conducted a request for proposal for the US Naval Defense Company to build a large vessel for clients in India.
- Evaluated and contained the risk in valuation of deals—minimizing economic and legal blowback.
Focus areas: Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Financial Options, Financial Modelling, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Budgeting, Cost Benchmarking, Derivative Accounting, Equity Research, Business Plan Development, Market Research, Comparable Company Analysis, Debt, Capital Structure, Angel/Seed Funding, Revenue Management, Revenue Optimization, Revenue & Expense Projections, Return Analysis, Cost Reduction & Optimization, Due Dilligence, Discounted Cash Flow (DCF), Debtor & Creditor Management, Data Analysis, Ratio Analysis, Interest Rate Risk, Working Capital Management, Capital Structure Analysis, Three Statement Operating Model, Currency Exchange, Capital Raising
Comic Con Palm Springs
2016 - 2016
- Built financial models to derive the feasibility and economic viability of the brand new comic convention event in Palm Springs, California.
- Implemented stress tests to optimize revenue projection, optimization, and management.
- Created an effective budget at the start of process and updated at regular events to minimize costs for the event.
- Developed a strategy to effectively manage cash flows and receivable/payable management.
- Advised on the marketing strategy and led the business development and sponsorship campaigns. The event turned out to be very successful with a very high ROI for a brand new event.
Focus areas: Financial Modeling, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Budgeting, Revenue & Expense Projections, Business Plan Development, Cost Benchmarking, Cost Reduction & Optimization, Financial Benchmarking, Revenue Management, Revenue Optimization
Associate Investment Banking
Miller Tabak + Co. LLC | Mitchell Securities
2009 - 2015
- Closed successfully a PIPE (private investment in public equity) of $3 million with a follow-up financing of $20 million for a biotech company—created shareholder value.
- Developed and maintained preferred client relationship management with Indian companies for access to foreign capital in form of debt as well as equity.
- Raised the private equity of a $1 billion for an Ultra Mega Power project.
- Worked on a $500 million convertible bond for a mass transportation system in South India.
- Forged a heavy oil/shale oil joint-venture opportunities for Indian oil companies with the oil companies for in the Americas.
- Raised capital for an infra-focused fund sponsored by a major engineering company in the country.
- Drove a strategic transaction worth $250-$300 million for an electronics retail chain.
- Calibrated a strategic alliance between an Indian defense company and a US major defense company.
- Built financial models (DCF, asset based, embedded, fixed income, binomial, and option pricing), confidential information memorandums, pitch books, and investor presentations.
- Performed economic and market research in various segments to evaluate risk and derive valuation related to working opportunities.
Focus areas: Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Financial Modeling, Financial Options, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Debt, Business Plan Development, Breakeven Analysis, Financial Benchmarking, Variance Analysis, Financial Risk Assessment, Capital Structure Analysis, Three Statement Operating Model, Comparable Company Analysis, Cost Reduction & Optimization, Capital Raising, Pricing Analysis, Revenue & Expense Projections, Profitability Analysis, Capital Structure, International Finance, Investor Communications, Interest Rate Risk, Derivative Accounting, Equity Research, Equipment Finance, Asset-based Finance, Discounted Cash Flow (DCF), Cost Benchmarking, Market Research
Bajaj Capital Limited
2008 - 2009
- Spearheaded the institutional advisory business for Gujarat.
- Developed preferred client relationships with companies on managing their treasury and provided cash management services via money market securities.
- Held HNI accounts with assets upwards of US $500,000.
- Brought the division to profitability in the second month of operations.
- Conducted investor education and financial planning sessions for HNIs.
Focus areas: Portfolio Analysis, Financial Risk Assessment, Financial Modeling, Private Banking
JP Turner + Co. LLC
2007 - 2008
- Conducted equity and fixed income research on S&P 500 stocks and energy market debt for US oil & gas companies.
- Developed an advisory-based relationship with US investors.
- Managed multiple portfolios with a varied degree of risk.
- Managed the compliance for a team of 5.
- Conducted financial and sales training for new employees and showed them the ropes of the business.
Focus areas: Equity Research, Debt, Portfolio Analysis, Discounted Cash Flow (DCF)
Business Development Executive
2006 - 2007
- Worked on a new client acquisition in B2B segment; had 40% share of the largest client accounts.
- Managed the accounts receivables, checks and balances for clients accounts, and the upgrade of services.
- Managed existing client relationships and handled grievances.
- Ran promotional campaigns for clients based on their usage of services.
- Calibrated the best carriers for clients' long-distance calls; carried a satisfaction rate of over 90%.
Focus areas: Business Plan Development, Business Intelligence, Working Capital Management, Budgeting
2006 - 2006
- Re-evaluated troubled mortgages block by block.
- Conducted impact analyses of interest and principal overdue.
- Handled foreclosures as per the bank's policy.
- Worked closely with the bank's legal counsel to carry out the legal process smoothly for delinquencies.
- Traced delinquents and defaulters.
Focus areas: Financial Risk Assessment, Interest Rate Risk, Private Credit, Debtor & Creditor Management