Verified Expert in Finance
Ben is the founder and CFO of an eCommerce and digital media rollup that has made six acquisitions and raised $20+ million from private equity sponsor Tritium Partners. He is a former Jeopardy! champion and investment banker with experience at Credit Suisse, UBS, and the Raine Group. Freelancing exposes Ben to new people, industries, and ideas and enables him to apply his extensive operating and financial expertise to a variety of situations.
CFO & Founder
- Developed the strategy, financial projections, and investor presentation to secure $20+ million in private equity funding.
- Built an acquisition screening model, and reviewed hundreds of opportunities for appropriate targets.
- Led the sourcing, diligence, negotiation, and overall deal execution for six acquisitions that met the established screening criteria.
- Integrated acquisitions on common finance, technology, and HR platforms.
- Designed and implemented business processes and internal controls to rapidly scale the company to 60+ employees with appropriate risk management.
- Established commercial banking relationships to obtain both secured and unsecured term loans and revolving credit facilities.
- Created teams and procedures to execute our strategic development, FP&A, finance, tax, risk management, and legal functions.
- Sourced and executed early-stage venture investments deploying over $10 million in growth capital in lifestyle digital media platform Tastemade.
- Led teams that created marketing materials, financial models, investor presentations and virtual data rooms for M&A transactions.
- Closed sell-side M&A transactions in excess of $1.3+ billion.
UBS Investment Bank
- Served as the primary execution officer on capital raising transactions, coordinating among corporate, legal, accounting, regulatory, and tax partners, and raising $5+ billion for corporate clients.
- Worked closely with clients to create effective marketing materials including prospectuses, information memos, and presentations.
- Built extensive valuation and transaction models for clients utilizing M&A, DCF, IPO, comparable transaction and comparable trading multiples methodologies.
CSFB Technology Group
- Developed valuation models to price capital raise initiatives, which included initial public offerings (IPOs), follow-on equity offerings, as well as convertible debt and high-yield debt.
- Built financial models to support and advise clients on capital structure and financing issues, including equity funding, debt issuance, share repurchases, and debt retirement.
- Created marketing materials to support public and private funding.
Bachelor's Degree in History and Economics
Dartmouth College - New Hampshire