New York, NY, United States
Member since April 3, 2017
Ben is a finance professional with ten years of experience in investment management, M&A, strategy, and FP&A. His notable accomplishments include modeling for a $1 billion media/Saas acquisition, creating and executing a $400 million cost savings initiative, and leading the budget/commission planning process for a late-stage, venture-backed startup. He looks forward to working with small and large companies on funding, FP&A, and M&A projects.
- Commercial Strategy Lead2015 - PRESENTVideology
Focus areas: Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Budgeting, Pricing Analysis
- Analyzed the revenue and gross profit across 100+ different agencies, advertisers, and publishers using various business models, including managed service, self-service, and license revenue.
- Forecasted 18 months of revenue and profit for North America; prepared commentary and presentations for the senior leadership.
- Created financial models with a focus on ROI for business development deals with advertisers, agencies, and broadcasters, resulting in $1 billion of potential sales.
- Provided a sales quality customer analysis, including a pricing and competitor analysis, for a 15-person sales team in North America to generate over $150 million in sales.
- Manager, FP&A2014 - 2015News Corp.
Focus areas: Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Budgeting, Revenue & Expense Projections, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
- Analyzed the revenue, profit, and cash flow across various business units with a focus on the UK and realtor units.
- Monitored the global annual budget submission, generating $9 billion in revenue while working with team members.
- Created a financial model designed to compare investment case and budget/projections as well as to implement cost-cutting for a $1 billion acquisition.
- Created presentations to analyze equity compensation, EPS and cash flow in collaboration with the tax and treasury teams.
- Senior Financial Analyst, Corporate FP&A2012 - 2014Avon Products
Focus areas: Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Valuation Modeling, Capital Structure Analysis
- Analyzed the revenue, profit, and cash flow across four business units and the headquarter using various KPI's and metrics.
- Created presentations and commentary to explain results and forecasts for the various board of directors meetings.
- Assisted the CFO with a turn-around analysis to derive $400 million in savings, including restructuring costs, headcount and OPEX savings, non-cash charges, and currency fluctuations.
- Modeled results for the consolidated P&L with variable revenue and cost inputs in order to perform sensitivity analysis.
- Created and evaluated the financials for a $150 million of capital expenditure in order to determine which projects to complete.
- Traveled to Brazil with the internal audit team in order to review cost control measures.
- Financial Analyst2007 - 2010MJX Asset Management
Focus areas: Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Financial Modeling, Comparable Company Analysis, Investment Summaries, Investment Memoranda, Debt Restructuring
- Analyzed public and private companies based on fundamental financial strength and relative value analysis; generated trade ideas to pitch to the entire investment committee comprised of all analysts and portfolio managers which resulted in several executed trades.
- Assisted a team of ten analysts and eight portfolio managers managing a $4.5 billion portfolio of senior and subordinated debt investments within CLO structures.
- Modeled projections for individual companies based on economic assumptions and past performance.
- Negotiated ten bankruptcies from the buy-side perspective with the goal of maximizing recoveries.
- Master's degree in Finance2010 - 2012New York University - New York, NY, USA
- Bachelor's degree in Economics2003 - 2007Bowdoin College - Brunswick, ME, USA