Founder and Managing Director
2020 - PRESENT
Rock Sustainable Strategies
- Advised an impact VC fund with $150 million AUM focused on healthcare, sustainable solutions, and logistics. Built dynamic portfolio construction models, issued recommendations on new investments, and implemented best practices across due diligence.
- Served as a fundraising advisor to an early-stage startup developing social impact and sustainability measurement software. The startup successfully raised $750,000 in seed capital.
- Developed a comprehensive business plan for a smart building startup, including target market identification, market sizing, competitive analysis, financial projections, and operations analysis.
- Advised an energy private equity fund on developing a new platform aggregating clean distributed power generation assets, conducted market research, designed an investment thesis, drafted marketing materials, and built a core financial model.
- Advised the general partner of a European venture capital firm with over 1 billion AUM to raise a new 300 million AUM fund focused on smart energy and mobility. Delivered market mapping, the fund's financial model, investor deck, PPM, and DDQ.
- Performed detailed investment research on public investment opportunities in the sustainable space, such as hydrogen, EV, green infrastructure, and alternative energy, for a family office combining DCF modeling and comparable company analysis.
- Guided and advised an eCommerce consumer platform on the acquisitions of three fulfilled by Amazon (FBA) sellers.
- Supported a private equity-backed security company in executing a roll-up strategy with a technology angle. Led the due diligence and negotiations for four acquisitions, oversaw the integration, and researched top security systems providers.
- Served as CFO of a Series B sustainable building company. Raised a $40 million Series B and $10 million equipment financing and led FP&A, reporting, budgeting, pricing strategy, capital planning, M&A, cash management, compensation, legal, and IR.
- Provided advice to a SPAC that raised over $200 million via an IPO on the NYSE on the evaluation of acquisition targets, valuation, and terms negotiation.
Focus areas: Crypto, Fintech, Investor Presentations, Investor Relations, Revenue & Expense Projections, Investment Presentations, Business Plan Consulting, Smart Grid, Mobility, Agrotech, Clean Energy, CleanTech, P&L Forecasting, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Financial Advisory, Business Models, Startups, Wealth Management, Family Office, Pitch Decks, Capital IQ, Capital Raising, Fractional CFO, Investment Strategy, Portfolio Management, Investment Portfolio Management, Business Planning, Stock Analysis, Financial Modeling, Investment Decision-making, Equity Investment, Due Diligence, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), ESG, Financial Analysis, Strategic Planning, Debt Raises, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Fundraising, Investment Banking, Research Analysis, Cannabis, eCommerce, Business Strategy, Pitch Deck Consultant, ICO, Early-stage Venture Capital, Valuation Modeling, SPACs, Supply Chain, Seed Fundraising, Esports, Blockchain, Blockchain & Cryptocurrency, Cryptocurrency, Special Purpose Acquisition Companies (SPAC), Initial Public Offerings, Excel 365, Real Estate, Hedge Funds, M&A Modeling, Impact Investing, Investment Committee Advisory, Investment Consulting, Software as a Service (SaaS), Fundraising Consultant, M&A Due Diligence (Financial), Excel Modeling, Employee Stock Options, Deal Structuring, Turnaround, Cost Reduction & Optimization