Verified Expert in Finance
Brad is a highly credentialed CFA, CPA, and MBA professional with over ten years of experience in the finance and investment industry and has transacted over $350 million of new investments across various asset classes. He joined Toptal as a freelance consultant to continue building his portfolio of project experience and partner with top operators worldwide.
Change of Control Mergers and Acquisitions, Freshwater Shipping Company
Vice President, Investment Team
Corrum Capital Management
- Sourced, screened, underwrote, and executed prospective investments primarily in alt credit, direct debt, ABLs, and structured credit (additional experience in real assets, direct equity, work-outs, restructurings, fund investments, and secondaries).
- Led and performed all aspects of the diligence and investment process for over $350 million of new investments and ongoing management of $500 million of existing investments across multiple discretionary funds and SMAs.
- Involved in marketing and fundraising activities alongside senior firm management and was a significant participant and presenter in the final meeting that led to closing a new $25 million SMA with a large endowment.
Senior Associate, Strategy and Process Consulting
- Provided strategy and process consulting to C-Suite executives of mid-market companies with $50 million to $2.5 billion in revenues with a primary focus on adding value to clients’ finance and investment functions.
- Managed a client's process to create a $500 million investment fund and selected an advisor to manage the portfolio.
- Created an enterprise-wide consolidated cash flow model for a $1 billion revenue company.
- Authored a corporate cash reserve policy that helped to identify over $400 million in excess cash available for investment.
- Involved in the projects transaction services group, including enterprise, equity, and fair value calculations of business assets, components, and entities. Also participated in M&A buy-side due diligence and quality of earnings reports.
- Provided audit services to hedge funds, PE firms, and asset managers ranging in size from $5 million to $75 billion in AUM.
- Analyzed, recreated, and tested various discounted cash flow, asset valuation, and corporate operating models.
- Studied partnership agreements to develop a thorough understanding of the GP and LP capital structure and flows, including waterfall calculations and promoting fees.
- Supervised, trained, and integrated new associates and interns on multiple engagement teams.
Masters of Business Administration in Finance
University of Alabama - Tuscaloosa, AL
Bachelor's Degree in Economics
New Mexico State Univeristy - Las Cruces, NM
Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)