Verified Expert in Finance
Brett, an FP&A veteran, supported a $250 million healthcare acquisition as a senior analyst before raising $25+ million in equity and debt financing as the VP of finance at a fintech startup. As an executive, Brett built two multimillion-dollar Chinese businesses. Now a freelancer, he helps companies bridge the gap between finance, strategy, and people operations to scale their businesses rapidly and efficiently.
Founder, President | CEO
- Founded global-focused incentives and rewards company servicing large MNC partner programs across ten countries.
- Grew business to $XX Million USD annual turnover within the first year of operations, leading all aspects of client negotiations, supplier development, business process implementation, and customer support operations.
- Launched the first multi-currency virtual Visa product for the APAC rewards and recognition market, enabling employers to recognize employees with cash-equivalent digital rewards vs. previous generation paper vouchers.
- Provided management consulting services, with emphasis on finance, for a broad range of clients spanning multiple industries and geographies with a primary focus on mainland China, APAC, and the United States.
- Consulted for a leading media production studio in Shanghai, working with the CEO to create the company's first annual budget financial model, providing the necessary visibility to grow revenue at a 15% CAGR over the subsequent four-year period.
- Advised Shanghai-based leather apparel brand, creating the company's first financial forecasting model with a KPI dashboard. Later advised the company on its $3M funding strategy and pitch deck through its sale to a local competitor.
- Gave counsel to a US-based online travel platform focused on delivering localized experience bookings. Built complete financial model, pitch deck, and funding strategy for $250K seed round and advised CEO through subsequent sale to an offshore buyer.
- Consulted for an APAC-focused real estate development firm, creating standardized financial models to evaluate future project revenue, costs, CAPEX, IRR, and return waterfalls.
Senior Vice President | CFO
- Held progressive finance and executive roles at KargoCard, a leading financial platform services provider (SaaS) specializing in prepaid cards, digital wallets, and AdTech solutions for some of the largest consumer brands and retailers in China.
- Served as the finance lead for over $25 million in equity and debt financing, including all related financial modeling, internal and external presentations, cap table and liquidity analysis, and due diligence facilitation.
- Implemented Management by Objectives (MBO/OKR) initiative, creating an accountability framework for achieving company goals resulting in growth to a. clear #1 position in the Chinese market with over 10,000 retail points of sale.
- Identified the opportunity for and executed the business plan for a gift card printing initiative, overseeing all aspects of business development, sourcing, logistics, and staffing to drive a 78% revenue CAGR over five years.
- Led the mobile payment acquiring business, which processed hundreds of millions of retail payment transactions annually with a 245% revenue CAGR over four years.
- Deployed big data analytics framework for effectively processing terabytes of payment transaction data, ultimately leveraging the data to use advertising and data-as-a-service revenue models to drive incremental revenue growth.
Senior Financial Analyst
- Held progressive FP&A roles at AMN Healthcare, a leading provider of workforce solutions servicing the healthcare industry in the United States.
- Participated in the company's $250 million Medfinders acquisition, their most significant at the time, including helping to manage financial due diligence, synergy modeling, and post-transaction integration plan.
- Served as the primary finance business partner for a $120 million business unit providing insights and strategies to support 7% top-line revenue growth and EBITDA margin improvement of 130 basis points annually.
- Proposed and conducted an ROI analysis for compensation plan revisions resulting in gross margin improvements of 100 basis points and employee expense savings of 90 basis points as a percentage of revenue annually.
- Rebuilt the forecasting model to more accurately predict sales volume, revenue, and expenses within +/-10% variances, an improvement of over 500 basis points from the prior model's average deviation.
- Designed and implemented critical indicators dashboard for the standardization of business performance tracking, and delivered the outputs to all company executives, including CEO and board chair on a weekly basis.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) Degree in General Management
San Diego State University - San Diego, CA, USA
Bachelor's Degree in Math
Binghamton University - Binghamton, NY, USA
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring