Portfolio Manager-Gaming | Vice President2018 - PRESENTWells Fargo
Focus areas: Revenue & Expense Projections, Credit Underwriting, Analysis, Syndication
- Managed bilateral and syndicated loan books totaling nearly $1 billion in credit exposure to the gaming industry.
- Originated more than $650 million in loan commitments in 2021, generating over $4 million indirect fees and $10 million in shared fees.
- Rated as "consistently exceeds expectations" during semi-annual and annual performance reviews.
Portfolio Manager | Vice President2014 - 2016Zions Bancorporation
Focus areas: Portfolio Analysis, Price Analysis, Three-statement Modeling, Valuation Modeling, Interest Rate Risk, Revenue & Expense Projections, Debtor & Creditor Management, Due Diligence, Ratio Analysis, Legal, Compliance, Financial Modeling, Financial Risk Assessment
- Acted as the subject matter expert for software conversion and implementation.
- Worked with a portfolio of borrowers to develop financial projections on both cash and accrual basis.
- Co-wrote policy and procedure updates for asset-based lending, portfolio monitoring, and various regulatory compliance mandates.
- Maintained and deepened relationships, underwrote and monitored commercial & industrial loans—including commercial real estate, for a $150 million portfolio with a focus on medical/professional practices, leveraged lending, higher risk commercial & industrial, and enterprise value financing (including casino/gaming operators, hotels/resorts, and construction contractors).
Portfolio Manager | Assistant Vice President2012 - 2014Columbia Bank
Focus areas: Ratio Analysis, Management, Audits, Financial Risk Assessment, Debtor & Creditor Management, Relationship Management
- Built and implemented a portfolio monitoring program for a community bank during a period of rapid growth and acquisition.
- Led construction monitoring activities for multi-family and industrial building projects.
- Developed a portfolio of food and beverage industry businesses in the rapidly growing Pacific Northwest brewery market.
Financial Analyst2011 - 2012Bank of the Cascades
Focus areas: Commercial Real Estate, Financial Risk Assessment
- Worked as a part of a team of professionals brought on board to pull a small community bank (under $1 billion) out from under an FDIC cease and desist order.
- Implemented solutions for ensuring compliance with internal guidelines, Basel requirements, and federal regulations for a Pacific Northwest loan portfolio.
- Assigned risk ratings to revolving lines of credit, construction loans, land development loans, and commercial term loans for the purpose of capital reserve budgeting.
Portfolio Manager | Assistant Vice President2005 - 2010Bank of America
Focus areas: Budgeting, Portfolio Analysis, Bankruptcy, Corporate Restructuring, Financial Risk Assessment, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Corporate Finance, Equity Research, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
- Executed and was responsible for underwriting, structuring, documenting, and approving credit transactions for middle market clients with annual revenues ranging from $10 million to $2 billion.
- Performed credit risk analysis with an emphasis on historical and projected cash flows, repayment capacity, industry trends, company management, and collateral valuation for a portfolio of clients with outstanding loan balances totaling approximately $500 million.
- Compiled a rolling 90-day forecast of projected new loans and expected change in existing loan balances on a monthly basis for a Pacific Northwest portfolio of more than $2 billion.
Financial Analyst2004 - 2005General Dynamics
Focus areas: Management, Audits, Accounting, Financial Reporting, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
- Generated, analyzed, and presented monthly financial summaries for purposes of identifying risks and opportunities and significant variances to plans to the business area finance manager.
- Prepared project estimates to complete issued project budgets, and monitored program performance in the areas of sales, costs, margin, and cash flow in an earned value Management setting.
- Implemented an Oracle-based MRP system.
- Supported audits for Sarbanes-Oxley and ISO-9001.