- Vice President2017 - PRESENTThe Cline Group
Focus areas: Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Three Statement Operating Model, LBO Modeling, DCF Valuation, Valuation Modeling, Debt Raises, Debt Structuring, Private Equity
- Led commercial transactions including the sourcing, diligence, structuring, execution, and management of investments.
- Managed strategic and non-operating financial activities of portfolio companies including capital deployment, capital structure, and critical contract negotiation.
- Led a comprehensive $100 million debt financing process that included a variety of unique financing structures.
- Negotiated two strategically significant take-or-pay contracts collectively valued at more than $1.5 billion.
- Evaluated transactions across a broad range of industries including environmental services, railcar products and services, retail distribution, marine port assets and services.
- Investment Associate2014 - 2017ClearSky Power & Technology Fund
Focus areas: Private Equity, Venture Capital, Convertible Debt, Equity Raises, Valuation Modeling, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Capital Structure
- Evaluated, executed, and monitored investments across the power and technology sectors as one of eight professionals responsible for investing capital.
- Sourced and qualified new investment opportunities, performed due diligence on the business model, market potential, competitive position, technology, and management team, and authored the investment memoranda.
- Built detailed financial and operating models to support investment decisions including valuation, deal structure, return sensitivity, and cash flow feasibility.
- Developed sound investment cases and generated a consensus for investment committee discussions and approval.
- Participated in the board of directors’ meetings and worked closely with senior management at six portfolio companies.
- Completed over $65 million of investments across 10 new and follow-on financing rounds.
- Evaluated transactions across the power and technology industries including drone equipment and services, cybersecurity software, and business services.
- Investment Banking Associate2012 - 2014Harris Williams & Co.
Focus areas: Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Valuation Modeling, DCF Valuation, Comparable Company Analysis, Investment Banking, Debt Raises, Leveraged Buyout Model, Capital Structure
- Led day-to-day execution of M&A transactions from the pitch process through closing by providing leadership and guidance to the firm’s analysts, and coordinating with senior bankers.
- Worked extensively with client management teams to formulate and implement transaction strategies, develop compelling marketing materials, and create and present responses to complex diligence requests.
- Served as the primary author on key transaction-related documents, including initial marketing strategies, selling memoranda, management presentations, and offer presentations.
- Conducted extensive business, financial, and industry due diligence to develop a comprehensive assessment of investment merits and risks.
- Created integrated financial and operating models for valuation, deal structure, and operating performance analysis.
- Evaluated transactions across the consumer sector including consumer products, food and beverage manufacturing, pet products, and multi-unit restaurant and retail operators.
- Equity Research Associate2007 - 2010FTN Equity Capital Markets
Focus areas: Equity Research
- Managed the coverage of up to 130 companies as one of two associates supporting seven senior analysts.
- Valued companies using a comparable company, comparable acquisition and discounted cash flow analysis; built and utilized financial projection and pro forma earnings models.
- Drafted research reports and proposed buy, sell or hold recommendations by analyzing the company and industry trends and quantitatively forecasting relevant metrics.
- Engaged C-level executives of coverage companies to discuss firm-specific events and industry developments during company visits with institutional clients and as part of regular quarterly interactions.