Senior Manager2011 - PRESENTErnst & Young
Focus areas: Revenue & Expense Projections, Corporate Finance, Financial Systems, Valuation, Data Analysis, Due Diligence, Forecasting, Budgeting, Internal Audits, Management, Audits, Control Audits, Financial Model Auditing, Financial Asset Impairment Models, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Financial Modeling, Financial Reporting, Three-statement Modeling
- Worked closely with C-level executives at well-known US organizations providing account valuation model analysis, preparing financial statements, forecasting cash flows, and assisting with capital raise offering materials for transactions of $400 million, $650 million, and $1 billion.
- Built and assessed valuation models for mergers of $5 to $300 million as well as models utilized for asset impairment testing, joint ventures, purchase accounting, and other transactions; also prepared related presentations for communications to stakeholders.
- Created and managed financial budgets for $150,000 to $5+ million service projects, achieving profit margins of more than 70% and margin improvements of more than 10%.
- Prepared and delivered presentations to boards, committees, and senior management for large-scale financial statement projects, finance implementations, and the independent assessment of financial holdings in hedge fund, private equity, and venture capital investments.
- Planned and executed complex financial data analytics and related analysis for $8+ billion and $20+ billion health providers, preparing and delivering the results to C-level executives.
- Completed financial due diligence for target businesses and newly acquired entities with a focus on the identification of financial risk within critical areas including accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, fixed asset capitalization, accrual accounting, and financial policies. The critical outputs include a quality of earnings analysis, identification of unusual items, application of accounting, business trends, and working capital.
- Advised on the design, development, and execution of effective finance processes for accounts payable, accounts receivable, and PP&E as well as M&A and debt transactions.
- Developed and executed complex implementation assessments for financial accounting standards including revenue recognition, leases, investments, and health care valuations, focusing on the organizational impact, and the education of boards and committees.
Manager2007 - 2011Deloitte
Focus areas: Management, Audits, Control Audits, Transaction Modeling, Valuation Modeling, Profit & Loss (P&L), Corporate Finance, Forecasting, Budgeting, Cash Flow Modeling, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Financial Advisory, Financial Systems, Financial Reporting, Three-statement Modeling
- Executed large-scale financial attestation engagements for a $17+ billion health system and a multi-billion employee benefit investment fund analyzing alternative investments including hedge funds, private equity, venture capital, and real estate as well as valuation.
- Built complex budgeting models used to track financial performance, timelines, and reporting metrics for $1+ billion revenue organizations.
- Constructed a data analysis model for multiple products and currencies for a global organization comprised of 100+ locations, assessing working capital and impairment modeling company-wide.
- Developed and assessed financial impairment models for firms filing with the SEC at the subsidiary level, supporting company-wide assessment conclusions for 50+ subsidiaries.
- Created financial projections for projects involving multiple countries and other data inputs to project revenue and profitability for a $4 million project with CEO and board visibility.
- Crafted presentations for key stakeholders, boards, and committees.