New York, NY, United States
Member since May 1, 2017
After executing complex debt and corporate finance transactions for leading Wall Street investment banks (Deutsche, Bank of America) and accounting firms (PwC), Cedric is now concentrating on financial strategy consulting. As a freelancer, he works with entrepreneurs and investors who are interested in capital structure optimization, capital raising, valuation, and financial due diligence.
- Business Analyst2009 - PRESENTIndependent Consulting
Focus areas: Financial Modeling, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Budgeting, Capital Structure Analysis, Capital Raising, Financial Strategy
- Built detailed operating models to guide financial strategy and estimate value.
- Provided financial analysis to evaluate returns on capital investments and cost reduction efforts.
- Evaluated financial statements to identify trends and assess current and projected impact on financial performance and liquidity.
- Formulated annual operating budgets, monthly forecasts, and expense tracking processes.
- Developed executive reports and presentations for capital raising efforts.
- Investment Banker2005 - 2009Deutsche Bank
Focus areas: Bank Debt Raises, Capital Structure Analysis, Debt Restructuring, Financial Modeling
- Led the debt origination and approval processes for highly levered firms across a range of industries.
- Analyzed the operating performance, liquidity, cash flow, and capital structure of organizations.
- Assessed firms’ historical performance, financial forecast reasonableness, and business and financial strategies outlook.
- New Ventures Director2003 - 2005Landmark Communications
Focus areas: Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Budgeting, Venture Funding
- Led the financial management of portfolio companies and identified new acquisition and startup opportunities.
- Established a management for the budgeting, planning, and analysis process; including the development of dashboards and timelines to create transparency and allow for strategic shifts when performance trended from the budget.
- Assessed management teams, business models, and the market potential of proposed investments and presented the investment conclusions to the senior management investment committee.
- Associate2001 - 2003Bank of America
Focus areas: Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Capital Markets, Financial Modeling
- Performed a rigorous analysis of financial statements, projections, capital structure, and liquidity.
- Created and audited complex financial models to evaluate the financial performance and estimate value of companies.
- Completed the credit training program and gained experience evaluating companies and assessing credit risk.
- Certified Public Accountant1994 - 1999PricewaterhouseCoopers
Focus areas: Audit Management, Business Taxes, Financial Reporting
- Planned and conducted operational and financial audits; completed tax returns.
- Researched tax issues and the impact on business transactions.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Finance1999 - 2001Columbia University - New York, NY, USA
- Master's degree in Accounting1990 - 1994University of Florida - Gainesville, FL, USA