Verified Expert in Finance
Chris has launched startups creating $50 million in value and restructured organizations to realize $20 million in annual savings. He has held senior finance roles at public and private companies in the marketing, consumer products, and live entertainment spaces. With 25+ years of experience in identifying and implementing operating strategies to grow profits and enterprise value, Chris continues to add value in challenging situations.
Navigare Advisory Partners
- Founded Navigare Advisory Partners to provide strategic services to middle market clients. Quickly built a robust multi-service practice with clients across the US.
- Built financial models and pitch decks for external fundraising, resulting in achievement of investment goals of startup medical/retail operation within 6 months of project launch.
- Led exercise to identify opportunities for growth and resource requirements needed to execute for a $35 million live entertainment promoter; resulted in 3-year plan to double profits with a reduced risk profile.
- Created an efficient and lower risk legal and tax structure for start-up to minimize owner tax liabilities and personal risk. Led multi-discipline team with company leaders, accountants, and legal team to determine optimal structure.
- Led assessment of acquisition opportunities for private equity group in the data modeling and omni-channel marketing space. Sourced potential targets and led company/market assessments.
Direct Holdings Global
- Directed all aspects of privately held $100 million entertainment marketing organization with 60+ employees.
- Led bottom-up strategic plan to identify areas for growth, leading to $50 million increase in enterprise value through identification and exploitation of adjacent market opportunities.
- Launched two new divisions, resulting in annual revenue of $50+ million as well as a reduction of overall risk and revenue seasonality.
- Identified and implemented organization restructuring opportunities to reduce expenses and improve productivity.
- Led business transformation from single-channel marketing to fully integrated omni-channel model.
Chief Financial Officer
Direct Holdings Worldwide
- Directed all business planning and analyses across multiple business lines.
- Identified and led exploitation of synergy opportunities in finance, human resources, and operations.
- Led the complex disaggregation of all systems, facilities, benefits, and processes to establish stand-alone enterprise.
- Reduced annual fixed costs by $20 million, improving overall effectiveness through strategic outsourcing.
- Drove debt portfolio restructuring to gain operating room during subsidiary turnaround.
- Led restructuring of underperforming business line, ultimately leading to sale to strategic buyer.
Chief Financial Officer
Time Life, Inc.
- Led all financial personnel operating in Europe, Asia, Australia and Latin America.
- Prepared annual budgets and forecasts while leading operations reviews across all entities.
- Successfully led the sale of the business from Time, Inc. to private equity group to position the company for future growth.
- Led analysis and execution plan for the shutdown of unprofitable book publishing business. Maximized asset run-out while minimizing shutdown expenses.
- Led M&A analysis, resulting in acquisition of a direct marketing business in Mexico and English language education business in Japan.
Master's Degree in Business Administration - Finance
University of Maryland - Maryland
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration - Operations Research
Villanova University - Pennsylvania