Verified Expert in Finance
Christine is a Stanford MBA with 12+ years of experience who previously led a tech startup's capital raising and investor-relations function. She has experience in finance, private equity, venture capital investment banking, and business strategy at companies such as Uber, Crestview Partners, and Deutsche Bank.
Seed Round Investor Pitch Deck (SaaS)
Private Equity Fund Investor Presentation
Preliminary Investment Memo (Building Products)
Series A Investment Recommendation | Associated Company Pitch Deck
Pitch Deck Specialist
Fintech Lender in the Automotive Space
- Created a pitch deck for a fintech lender looking to raise funding to fund loans.
- Worked on the 26-slide pitch deck that included an auto refinancing market overview, company value prop, historical underwriting model performance, portfolio snapshot, company history, volume potential analysis, management team, and investment opportunity terms.
- Performed the analysis of a historical lender loan original volume relative to Treasury yields to demonstrate volume potential even in an elevated rate environment.
Business Plan Consultant
Gov Tech Startup
- Advised the CEO on the business model, pitch deck, financial model, cap table, and fundraising for a business-to-government (B2G) startup in the federal appropriations space.
- Worked with the CEO to define and iterate on the pitch deck narrative and built out the pitch deck slides in Figma. Advised on which areas of the business model the focus of the pitch deck should be.
- Reviewed, audited, and rebuilt the financial model in Excel. Created a revenue buildup tab, adjusted cost detail for a correct categorization of expenses between COGS and SG&A, and worked with the co-founders to revise the hiring plan for actual business needs.
Financial Modeling Expert
Augmented Reality Sports Startup
- Created Seed Round pitch deck from scratch. Started by working together with the founders to define the narrative and the storyline and build out the full deck contents.
- Figured out how to put together a target investor list, startup investors' priorities, and data room contents.
- Advised client on the overall fundraising process, including what should be in the pitch deck and how much money to raise in the first funding round.
- Performed strategic analysis on several areas of the business, including TAM estimation, pricing analysis, and budget required to launch.
Pitch Deck Expert
Gig Work Benefits Space Startup
- Created storyline of company narrative and prepared 25 slide pitch deck for $5-$10mm equity fundraising.
- Helped the client explain his business model more clearly and express his ideas in a more visual slide-friendly format.
- Reviewed and edited qualitative materials requested by the valuation provider, defining growth levers and completing a SWOT analysis.
Psychedelic Therapy Startup
- Built out a detailed three-statement model to help the CEO determine the right structure for the business and how large of a seed round to raise.
- Created detailed revenue and cost projections for multiple business units, including rental of licensed space to therapists, dispensing medicine to patients, and subscription service for administrative services offered to therapists.
- Built out a dynamic structure for different approaches to real estate, including leasing, creating a separate real estate entity, and partnering with a REIT.
Investor Multi-industry Relations Expert
- Reviewed various company fundraising pitch decks, including a roll-up pharmacy company in Canada and a fintech social network startup in APAC.
- Provided feedback on overall impressions from an investor perspective, investment merits, pitch deck structure, storytelling, and adjusting the content to the audience.
- Created a long-term relationship with a client who has returned to get support on additional projects.
Toptal Client - Media & Data Archiving
- Created a three-statement model for a pre-revenue startup with full revenue buildup, deferred revenue waterfall, and functionality for multiple scenarios.
- Allowed the client to see potential revenue and cash flow scenarios with a user-friendly format that made it easy to change assumptions before their first fundraiser.
- Built out a detailed deferred revenue waterfall to reflect revenue recognition for upfront payment over the period that services will be provided.
Toptal Client - Restaurant Tech
- Advised CEO on overall fundraising processes and strategy, revising investor pitch deck, how much and when to raise funds, thinking about investor targeting, and approaching the competitive environment.
- Mentored CEO on adjusting startup pitch, resulting in him closing at $25k Angel Investor within the first few weeks of our engagement.
- Coached the CEO on his brand, leadership style, and approach to marketing himself to investors.
Pitch Deck Expert
Toptal Client - Battery Metals Startup
- Revamped content and formatting of a fundraising pitch deck to create a clear storyline with well-articulated investment merits.
- Refined overly-detailed text-heavy deck into a streamlined 17-slide deck with a clear narrative, visually appealing slides, leveraging graphs and diagrams, and unified formatting that aligned with the brand.
- Advised client on which content to highlight to investors and which content was unnecessary and diluted the overall storyline to focus the materials on the key information investors look for.
- Created the seed-round investor pitch deck from scratch.
- Helped the founder articulate the narrative, including problem statement, solution, product, value proposition, positioning relative to competitors, GTM plan, current business traction, and team expertise.
- Advised this first-time founder on the overall fundraising process.
- Generated impact on the client's business, who received verbal commitments from several investors after sharing the pitch deck.
Head of Investor Relations and People Strategy
- Served as head of IR. Led monthly investor reporting, developed content for quarterly board meetings, and worked on a Series B fundraising process. Owned the financial model, pitch deck, and due diligence data room for $20mm Series B.
- Grew the company from 70 to 110 people in eight months as head of talent acquisition. Designed and implemented the recruiting process, including sourcing, interviewing, compensation and offer, and onboarding.
- Created people strategy from scratch, designing and executing talent and culture strategy.
Head of Corporate Strategy
- Led business strategy, corporate strategy, growth strategy, competition strategy, and annual planning for Uber's LatAm Rides business.
- Developed content for and led Latin American leadership offsites on planning, long-term strategy, and people topics. Developed people strategy for 2020 and 2021.
- Included special projects like business cases and building the payments team in Latin America, Mexico's fintech license application, and conducted development, implementation, and refinement of CRM workflows.
Venture Capital Associate | MBA Intern
Unitus Impact (now called Patamar Capital)
- Reviewed company pitches of potential investments, mostly series A, and made investment recommendations to partners.
- Assisted with ongoing investor relations strategy and investor communications.
- Helped with the portfolio company strategy and review.
Interim CFO | Development Finance Fellow
- Oversaw the internal financial management, financial controls, compensation, strategies for growth, pricing, and sustainability.
- Built and maintained a detailed monthly financial model for internal projections and cash burn analysis.
- Made recommendations on the organization's ability to hire or add resources based on financial projections.
- Analyzed the pricing of the organization's services relative to costs and competitors. Recommended and implemented a new pricing structure. Declined the offer to join the team full-time as CFO to pursue an MBA.
Investor Relations and Marketing
- Selected as part of a three-member team and exceeded the goal of raising a $3 billion private equity fund.
- Managed relationships with more than 75 family and endowment investors.
- Led due diligence effort for public pensions, sovereign wealth funds, and private investors, including drafting 15 to 50-page written diligence documents for a client review.
- Prepared marketing materials, responded to diligence questionnaires and data requests, maintained data room of diligence information, and analyzed the portfolio company and returns data.
- Drafted quarterly letters to investors, wrote updates to private placement memoranda, drafted updates to the website, and assisted with preparing annual meeting materials.
- Conducted investment recommendations, integrating qualitative analysis with detailed cash flow models of over 30 potential investments in the healthcare, industrials, and financial services industries.
- Reviewed company materials, prepared due diligence question lists, interviewed management teams, and performed in-depth, on-site, and analytical due diligence for potential equity investments of up to $200 million.
- Wrote 20-page investment memos describing transaction structure and financing, business and industry overview, valuation, model projections, returns, and investment risks and merits for five potential investments.
- Assisted with financial analysis and sell-side transaction execution of three portfolio companies (Insight Communications - sold to Time Warner; OneLink Communications - sold to Liberty Global; and ValueOptions - sold to Beacon Health).
- Executed the sale of OneLink, a Puerto Rican cable company, to Liberty Global for $585 million as the only investment professional below partner level. Created a working capital adjustment mechanism generating favorable around $8 million adjustments.
Investment Banking Analyst
- Performed company valuations, created client presentations analyzing strategic and capital markets options, participated in client meetings and worked with management teams to develop securities offering materials.
- Advised General Motors on the $500 million sale of the Nexteer steering business, which included building a full operating model, determining the valuation range, and drafting confidential information memorandum.
- Built a financial model, prepared investor materials, and participated in the investor roadshow for International Automotive Components (IAC) of $300 million senior secured notes (closed May 2011).
- Collaborated with an equity-linked team on a $240 million bond offering for DryShips Inc., working directly with CFO and COO of DryShips during the launch and pricing of the offering.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) in General Management
Stanford University - Palo Alto, CA, USA
Bachelor's Degree in Economics
Dartmouth College - Hanover, NH, USA
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring