Verified Expert in Finance
Chris is an accomplished senior executive who has raised over $1 billion in debt financing, created operating and pricing models for companies in the fintech and enterprise software industries, and advised on over $30 billion of M&A transactions while at J.P. Morgan. As a freelancer, he enjoys working with a wide variety of clients helping them to run financial analyses and efficiently scale their organizations.
- Built company operating model for budgeting and financial forecasting.
- Implemented financial operation infrastructure, including standardized billing, payable, and monthly close processes.
- Restructured GL and set corporate KPIs in order to appropriately measure relevant SaaS metrics.
- Restructured and streamlined the company's standard contract.
Vice President and General Manager, Home Improvement Lending
- Built and launched a new point-of-sale finance business line catering to home improvement contractors culminating in $100 million annual run-rate loan originations.
- Structured and negotiated a $150 million warehouse facility with a major investment bank to scale the new business line.
- Built company operating model for internal budgeting and financial projections.
- Pitched, structured, and implemented partnerships with the largest residential door manufacturer, the largest residential roof manufacturer, and the first and fifth largest HVAC manufacturers in the United States.
- Developed a loan pricing model to inform and set loan interest rates and dealer fees.
Vice President of Finance and Corporate Development
- Reduced cash drag on the balance sheet, freeing up a cash balance of $25 million to $30 million, by implementing new, efficient operational funding processes.
- Analyzed and tracked KPIs and profitability across four product lines; student loans, personal loans, mortgage loans, and wealth.
- Managed liquidity planning across nine separate credit facilities, plus multiple forward flow purchase agreements, for a company originating $7+ billion in loans annually.
- Structured two unsecured loan credit facilities with an aggregate commitment of $500 million.
- Structured a $400 million forward flow whole loan and a residual purchase agreement with a 40 Act fund.
- Served as the primary researcher or co-lead on over ten core investments in a highly concentrated $400 million financial services portfolio.
- Achieved a total P&L contribution of over $85 million during tenure on a total managed financial portfolio of $400 million.
Thomas H. Lee Partners
- Prepared the analysis, including industry growth, customer trends, business line profitability, and potential cost-saving opportunities, that culminated in the acquisition of CompuCom, a leading IT outsourcing firm, for $1.1 billion.
- Developed pro forma financial projections for Systems Maintenance Services for a $125 million debt recapitalization.
- Created multiple investment memorandum for over ten companies in the business services and financial services industries.
Investment Banking Analyst
- Built pro forma financial models for HSBC for the sale of their $30 billion U.S. card business and $1 billion upstate New York branch network.
- Advised the Bank of Montreal on their $4 billion acquisition of Marshall & Ilsley Corporation, valuing both the target and the acquirer using dividend discount and trading comparables methodologies.
- Created a fully-integrated merger model to determine the capital and P&L impact to First Niagara of a deposit franchise acquisition, evaluating execution and financing risk.
- Created investor marketing materials and a pro forma financial model for KeyCorp's $625 million common equity raise and TARP repayment.
- Covered a portfolio of 25 North American banks and exchanges in ongoing client coverage.
Bachelor's Degree in Finance & Economics
University of Notre Dame - Indiana, USA