Director, Business Development
2016 - PRESENT
- Performed detailed and rigorous analysis of sustainable investment opportunities, including strategic analysis, fund raising, deal structuring, and financial analysis.
- Wrote business plans, slide decks, and transaction analyses for the proposed deals.
- Sourced new investment opportunities.
- Built detailed financial models of companies and projects, including return analysis, sensitivity analysis, risk assessment, and valuation.
- Conducted due diligence on prospective investments, including energy storage, utility scale solar, water treatment, and energy efficiency.
Focus areas: Sustainable Investments, Project Finance, Growth Capital, Private Equity, Venture Capital, Renewables, Alternative Energy, Solar, Biofuels, Water Treatment, Energy Storage, Impact Investing
Chief Regional Strategist
DMG & Partners | OSK Group
2011 - 2012
- Designed and launched the firm's first regional strategy product as a key strategy of evolving from a local broker to a regional investment bank.
- Developed a proprietary risk analysis methodology for assessing valuation impact before and after major macro risk events.
Focus areas: Investment Banking, Capital Markets, Investment Strategy , Equity Research
Co-Head of Research, Asia ex Japan
Daiwa Capital Markets
2008 - 2011
- Improved the firm’s Institutional Investor ranking by eight positions (23rd to 15th) in first year.
- Led the division and under my tenure the revenue doubled over 3 years spanning a global financial crisis.
- Served as the primary strategic architect of an aggressive Asian research expansion, including an India startup.
- Redesigned a global research report template and deployed a new Asian database infrastructure.
- Worked as a member of the steering committee which oversaw the implementation of the US$1 billion regional, multi-product expansion.
Focus areas: Equity Research, Investment Banking, Capital Markets, Stock Market, Valuation, Financial Analysis, Financial Modeling
Founder | Investor
2005 - 2008
- Acted as the founding venture investor in a web-based application service provider.
- Designed and led the development of an integrated CRM and point-of-sale platform.
Focus areas: Software Development, Entrepreneurship, Startup
Managing Director, Head of Asian Telecom Research
2003 - 2005
- Led the research participation in major telecom IPOs and other equity offerings.
- Led a regional team of 8 analysts across 10 countries covering all listed telecom stocks in Asia.
Focus areas: Equity Research, Telecommunications, Investment Banking, Capital Markets
Managing Director, Head of Asia Telecom Research
2002 - 2003
- Relaunched a telecom research product—producing a successful turnaround of team rankings.
- Led the research involvement in all Asian telecom equity offerings, including the major national privatizations of China Telecom and China Netcom.
- Led a regional team of 5 analysts covering telecom stocks in 9 countries in Asia excluding Japan.
Focus areas: Telecommunications, Equity Research, Capital Markets, Investment Banking, Financial Analysis
First Vice President
1994 - 2001
- Voted by clients as the #1 ranked telecom analyst in Asia.
- Launched and led Merrill Lynch's first global telecom research effort—including path-breaking studies of telecom valuations during the TMT boom and global telecom capex.
- Led the research involvement in major equity offerings across Asia, including IPOs for China Mobile (world's largest mobile operator).
- Recognized repeatedly as a leading investment analyst in Asia by Reuters, Institutional Investor, and Asia Money.
Focus areas: Telecommunicaitons, Equity Research, Capital Markets, Investment Banking, Banks and Financials