Salt Lake City, UT, United States
Member since January 3, 2017
Craig is a senior financial professional with extensive leadership experience in multinational and startup environments. He has been recognized by peers and clients as an award-winning leader and successful business driver. After a successful corporate career in investment banking and financial advisory, he has moved to freelancing for its hands-on interaction helping companies achieve their strategic, operational, and financial goals.
- Director, Business Development2016 - PRESENTSentry Financial
Focus areas: Sustainable Investments, Project Finance, Growth Capital, Private Equity, Venture Capital, Renewables, Alternative Energy, Solar, Biofuels, Water Treatment, Energy Storage, Impact Investing, Credit Analysis
- Performed detailed and rigorous analysis of sustainable investment opportunities, including strategic analysis, fund raising, deal structuring, and financial analysis.
- Wrote business plans, slide decks, and transaction analyses for the proposed deals.
- Sourced new investment opportunities.
- Built detailed financial models of companies and projects, including return analysis, sensitivity analysis, risk assessment, and valuation.
- Conducted due diligence on prospective investments, including energy storage, utility scale solar, water treatment, and energy efficiency.
- Chief Regional Strategist2011 - 2012DMG & Partners | OSK Group
Focus areas: Investment Banking, Capital Markets, Investment Strategy , Equity Research
- Designed and launched the firm's first regional strategy product as a key strategy of evolving from a local broker to a regional investment bank.
- Developed a proprietary risk analysis methodology for assessing valuation impact before and after major macro risk events.
- Co-Head of Research, Asia ex Japan2008 - 2011Daiwa Capital Markets
Focus areas: Equity Research, Investment Banking, Capital Markets, Stock Market, Valuation, Financial Analysis, Financial Modeling
- Improved the firm’s Institutional Investor ranking by eight positions (23rd to 15th) in the first year.
- Led the division and under my tenure, the revenue doubled over three years spanning a global financial crisis.
- Served as the primary strategic architect of an aggressive Asian research expansion, including an India startup.
- Redesigned a global research report template and deployed a new Asian database infrastructure.
- Worked as a member of the steering committee which oversaw the implementation of the US$1 billion regional, multi-product expansion.
- Founder | Investor2005 - 2008SoluNet Global
Focus areas: Software Development, Entrepreneurship, Startup
- Acted as the founding venture investor in a web-based application service provider.
- Designed and led the development of an integrated CRM and point-of-sale platform.
- Managing Director, Head of Asian Telecom Research2003 - 2005Macquarie Securities
Focus areas: Equity Research, Telecommunications, Investment Banking, Capital Markets
- Led the research participation in major telecom IPOs and other equity offerings.
- Led a regional team of eight analysts across ten countries covering all listed telecom stocks in Asia.
- Managing Director, Head of Asia Telecom Research2002 - 2003Citigroup
Focus areas: Telecommunications, Equity Research, Capital Markets, Investment Banking, Financial Analysis
- Relaunched a telecom research product—producing a successful turnaround of team rankings.
- Led the research involvement in all Asian telecom equity offerings, including the major national privatizations of China Telecom and China Netcom.
- Led a regional team of five analysts covering telecom stocks in nine countries in Asia excluding Japan.
- First Vice President1994 - 2001Merrill Lynch
Focus areas: Telecommunicaitons, Equity Research, Capital Markets, Investment Banking, Banks and Financials
- Voted by clients as the number-one ranked telecom analyst in Asia.
- Launched and led Merrill Lynch's first global telecom research effort—including path-breaking studies of telecom valuations during the TMT boom and global telecom capex.
- Led the research involvement in major equity offerings across Asia, including IPOs for China Mobile (world's largest mobile operator).
- Recognized repeatedly as a leading investment analyst in Asia by Reuters, Institutional Investor, and Asia Money.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Finance1991 - 1993Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania - Philadelphia, PA, USA
- Certificate in Chinese Studies1990 - 1991Johns Hopkins University - Nanjing University - Nanjing, China
- Bachelor's degree in East Asian Studies1985 - 1989Yale University - New Haven, CT, USA