Damir Jakirlic, CFA
Verified Expert in Finance
Damir is a CFA charter holder with extensive experience advising startups such as Delivery Hero and HelloFresh on their way to becoming multi-billion dollar companies and well-known private equity funds such as HIG and Triton on their deals. He's built his operational skills as a founder, the head of finance for unicorn Forto, and CFO of a German Hidden Champion. Damir joined Toptal to pursue his passion for people and numbers and maximize his contribution to a broad client base.
DCF and OPM Valuation of a Multi-billion Rollup and Anticipated Liquidation Event
Founder I Interim CFO
- Streamlined the finance infrastructure of a venture studio that served as a scalable template for its ventures and created a group consolidation for fundraising preparations.
- Prepared a regional leader in construction and real estate services for mid-capitalization private equity in anticipation of a liquidity event, acting as an interim CFO.
- Built an operating model to streamline the reporting framework and systemize the sale process arrangements.
- Served as an interim CFO for a hidden champion by reducing 50% of its product portfolio that showed negative gross margin, tied significant resources, and led it through a procurement crisis to manage inventory to avoid material revenue loss.
- Led a manufacturing leader through a critical liquidity phase and secured a €2 million credit financing as an interim CFO.
- Built a planning model for an industry leader in mechanical engineering electronics that served as the key underlying decision to visualize sweet spots for future strategy.
- Calculated the business case for a well-known publisher's spin-off of a digital business model.
- Prepared a small-cap US-based yacht charter in anticipation of a sale/exit.
- Structured finance and operations documentary and ensured its presentability towards external interests.
- Conceptualized the ESOP/VSOP dynamics to ensure employee and shareholder satisfaction for a climate startup.
Private Equity Consultant
Alvarez & Marsal
- Performed the buy-side due diligence for HIG's acquisition of a DAX 30 company's carve-out with €230 million in revenues.
- Enabled the double-digit million refinancing of the German Hidden Champion ABL Technic.
- Performed the buy-side due diligence for Deutsche Private Equity's acquisition of Valantic with €110 million in revenue.
- Built the eCommerce office design brand called "fyve7" from scratch.
- Sold the brand successfully in a five-digit asset sale.
- Launched a product on diverse platforms with a listing in Etsy's Lookbook 2018.
- Managed several departments, including finance, business development, and operations.
Head of Finance
- Hired and led the finance team. Established a scalable finance infrastructure with proper controlling processes and cash flow planning tools.
- Led the series A fundraising preparation resulting in a $20 million financing.
- Saved more than €100,000 at an early stage in cash due to incomplete accounting.
- Advised on Delivery Hero's and HelloFresh's IPO preparation with a specific focus on valuation-related topics.
- Led the qualitative and quantitative valuation of the portfolio companies and guided the audit process.
- Assisted senior management in capital markets and investor relations.
Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics and Economics
University of Mannheim - Mannheim, Germany
Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring