New York, NY, United States
Member since February 20, 2017
Darek managed the raise of $1.8 billion through public debt securities and was in charge of investor relations for the fastest growing mobile network operator in Europe. Freelancing gives him the opportunity to help young companies in a variety of industries. Darek has extensive experience executing value creation strategies, which gives him a deep understanding of implementation challenges and a robust change management toolbox.
- Investor Relations Director2013 - 2015Play
Focus areas: Investor Communications, Financial Reporting, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Business Plan Development, Business Strategy
- Managed projects and led a cross-functional team of twenty raising $1.8 billion through public debt securities.
- Liaised with key internal stakeholders: the private equity shareholders and the management board.
- Ensured proper communication of business strategy and business plan to the rating agencies, underwriting banks, and commercial banks, providing revolving credit facility.
- Supervised drafting of bond prospectuses, roadshow presentations, and rating agency presentations.
- Managed all aspects of investor relations and external financial reporting.
- Conducted strategy review and led development of a new business plan.
- Senior Analyst2009 - 2013Play
Focus areas: Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Financial Modeling, Budgeting, Business Case Development, Data Analysis, Pricing Analysis
- Provided strategic and financial assessment and business case formulation for new products and initiatives across all business segments.
- Helped develop financial and operating budgets.
- Delivered a 30% sales boost and increased profitability by developing a new product portfolio and pricing strategy.
- Reduced credit fraud by 70% and optimized the subscriber acquisition budget using big data analytics to design an IT system for real-time customer screening and a custom-tailored experience.
- Implemented a plan jointly with the CMO to become official partner of Apple, Inc., as one of the first independent mobile network operators in Europe.
- Senior Specialist2008 - 2009T-Mobile
Focus areas: Market Research, Sales Channel Strategy, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Financial Modeling
- Led the successful launch of an online sales channel for prepaid services.
- Supported the Head of Private Market in development of new strategy for prepaid.
- Coordinated financial modeling for strategic initiatives.
- Business Analyst2006 - 2008McKinsey & Company
Focus areas: Business Strategy, Mergers & Acquisitions, Post-merger Integration, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), performance management, Operational efficiency
- Interacted directly with clients' senior management throughout problem diagnosis, solution development, and implementation.
- Specialized in financial modeling, performance management, market research, and operational efficiency improvements.
- Helped design a blueprint for the expansion of an American bank in Poland.
- Assisted in the development of a long-term capital investment program following the merger of two leading Central European steel producers.
- Participated in the formulation of a post-merger value creation program for the leading Central European petrochemical conglomerate (USD $15 billion+ in revenue).
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA) in Management Accounting2010 - 2015Chartered Institute of Management Accountants - London, UK
- Master's degree in Finance2001 - 2007Warsaw School of Economics - Warsaw, Poland