Vice President of Finance
2019 - PRESENT
- Led the financial planning & analysis (FP&A) and financial accounting teams of 50+ people across the globe.
- Oversaw the corporate development and relationships with banking groups.
- Spearheaded the M&A strategy and execution for multiple SaaS and enterprise software transactions in North America and Europe ranging from $10-$100 million.
Focus areas: Corporate Development, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
Chief Executive Officer
2017 - PRESENT
RHT Business Advisory
- Founded RHT Business Advisory, a boutique advisory firm focused on providing strategic financial advice to clients across a range of industries.
- Secured and currently delivering a significant contract with IFM-owned Stansted Airport to provide strategic financial leadership regarding their five-year financial plan, pricing structures, business strategy, and £500 million capital investment program.
- Provided strategic advice on airports and the aviation industry to major global equity houses on diverse topics such as regulation, revenue optimization, airspace capacity, and capital investment strategy.
- Built a financial model for internal business planning and external fundraising efforts for a London-based construction firm to help it access growth capital of £1.5 million.
- Created a rapidly growing enterprise with clients across the UK and in mainland Europe, managing all the client relationships and quality of services delivered.
Focus areas: Investor Relations, Investor Presentations, Finance Systems, Financial Reporting, Budgeting, Revenue Optimization, Financial Modeling, Private Company Valuation, Private Equity Valuation, Private Equity, Early-stage Venture Capital, Debt Workouts, 13-week Cash Flow, Discounted Cash Flow (DCF), Cash Flow Forecasting, Capital Structure, Equity Financing, Debt Raises, Strategic Planning & Execution, Finance Transformation, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Capital Investment Appraisals, Corporate Finance, Project Finance, Finance Strategy, Financial Accounting, Strategy
Financial Strategy and Business Plan Modeling Lead
2018 - 2018
- Built a financial model for internal projections and external fundraising efforts.
- Constructed a SaaS business performance dashboard.
- Developed a fundraising strategy with the CEO.
- Led a scenario analysis review and assessment of the impact on the business plan.
- Created a detailed sales forecast/budget for driving performance of the sales team.
Focus areas: Business Planning, Financial Statements, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
Chief Financial Officer and Chief Commercial Officer
2016 - 2017
Spiralite Group (Octopus Capital Portfolio Business)
- Delivered annual revenue growth of 50% and led the expansion of the business into North America, Europe, and the Middle East.
- Built a long-term financial model, prepared marketing materials, constructed strategy and led the execution of a £2.5 million equity funding round.
- Reviewed the existing debt structure of the business, designed alternative debt funding strategies, engaged with corporate banks and successfully completed the refinancing of the existing debt facility (£1 million) and raising of a new, more flexible £2.5 million debt facility.
- Conducted a gap analysis of the overall organizational structure, and redesigned the structure to align it with the strategy of the business.
- Led the equity sale process on behalf of Octopus Capital, prepared investor decks, led investor meetings and completed the sale of the business to a Middle Eastern family office.
Focus areas: Financial Systems, Business Planning, Budgeting, Finance Strategy, Finance Structures, 13-week Cash Flow, Cash Flow Forecasting, Cash Flow Modeling, Intellectual Property Valuation, Investor Relations, Investor Presentations, Private Equity, Equity Valuation, Equity Financing, Debtor & Creditor Management, Debt Restructuring, Debt Raises, Business Taxation, Cross-border M&A, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Financial Reporting, Strategy, Financial Management, Financial Accounting, Finance Systems
Head of Finance, Sales, and Operations Planning
2012 - 2016
Gatwick Airport (Global Infrastructure Partners Portfolio Business)
- Delivered the strategic business planning, demand planning, and capacity utilization; and as Chair of Capital Executive Committee led the allocation and investment decision process for the airport’s £2.5 billion capital program.
- Led all the commercial negotiations with airline customers in relation to growth plans, demand, capacity, price, and operational performance. Served as the chair of the airport's scheduling committee.
- Created and implemented the business-wide financial planning process and model to support Global Infrastructure Partners' growth strategy for the airport. Responsible for driving and delivering EBITDA growth from £220 million to £400 million over four years.
- Executed successfully a £650 million debt refinancing and corporate bond issuance, including drafting of prospectus and bond documentation, cash flow forecasting, dividend planning, investor decks and presentations.
- Led all aspects of the financial planning and analysis (FP&A) and financial performance improvement. Within this role, closed the defined benefit pension scheme (£20 million EBITDA benefit), transitioned the business to IFRS (£200 million reserves benefit) and completed a complex group restructuring to access previously trapped tax losses (£50 million cash benefit).
Focus areas: Budgeting, Cost of Capital, Cost Management, Revenue Management, Financial Accounting, Cash Flow Forecasting, Cash Flow Modeling, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Investor Relations, Investor Presentations, Senior Secured Debt, Debt Raises, Corporate Finance, Accounting, IFRS Adjustments, Financial Reporting, Financial Systems, Financial Options, Commercial Finance, Operations Finance, Private Equity Valuation, Private Equity, Capital Investment Appraisals, Strategy, Business Planning
2005 - 2012
- Provided audit and advisory services to multibillion-pound international groups such as Kerry Group plc, Doosan, CRH plc, Greencore plc, and EirGrid plc.
- Delivered all aspects of IFRS financial reporting standards and led the UK GAAP and US GAAP transition to IFRS for a number of blue-chip clients as the "go-to" expert for the firm.
- Provided corporate finance advisory services to EirGrid plc on the debt financing of the East-West Interconnector, a £600 million project to connect the electricity grids of Ireland and the UK.
- Led the independent financial review of the Quinn Group following its administration, and subsequently led the restructuring of the business on behalf of its bondholders.
- Worked as a member of the firm's people board with a specific responsibility for creating a great place to work, and was successfully recognized for this by external bodies for four consecutive years.
Focus areas: External Financial Reporting, Financial Restructuring, Debt Restructuring, Financial Reporting, Corporate Finance, Financial Advisory, Consulting, IFRS Financial Reporting, UK GAAP, IFRS Adjustments, Internal Audits, Financial Model Auditing, IFRS Audit Planning, Management, Audits