Co-founder2012 - 2018Quantum Equity Growth Advisors
Focus areas: Financial Technology, Stock Trading, Equity Research
- Co-developed proprietary quantitative trading software and systems that drove an automated trading strategy as well as investment consulting activities for institutional investors, investment dealers, and high net worth advisor clients.
- Conducted daily analysis and provided investment strategy updates on commodity and stock index futures while issuing trading recommendations that returned +9.4% versus a TSX loss of -10.3% over the same period.
- Managed all financial accounting, filing, and tax reporting responsibilities.
- Created slide decks and led presentations to potential partners, investors, and clients.
Quantitative Trading Strategist and Equity Sales2010 - 2012Jennings Capital
Focus areas: Equity Research, Stock Trading
- Presented daily commentary regarding actionable macroeconomic trading strategies, investment opportunities and risks in the commodity and equity markets to the internal sales and trading team as well as institutional clients.
- Advised sales team and clients of real-time trading opportunities and risks, resulting in increased commissions due to improved trading activity.
- Coordinated with the investment banking team to identify business development and capital raise opportunities for corporate clients based on proprietary trading and share purchasing trends.
Research Consultant2009 - 2010Beacor Research
Focus areas: Equity Research Analysis, Quantitative Analysis, Commodity Markets Research and Analysis
- Created proprietary cash flow return on invested capital models to generate U.S. equity investment recommendations for U.S. and Canadian institutional investors.
- Designed a model used by the TMX Group to compare the equity valuation and mineral resource estimates of publicly-traded metal and mining companies.
- Analyzed the uranium industry as well as active projects in the sector, compiling the research into a presentation for Boswell Capital, an independent advisory firm specializing in the mining, materials, and energy sector.
Equity Research Analyst2005 - 2008Haywood Securities
Focus areas: Equity Research, Financial Technology, Commodities, Resources, Diversified Businesses, Special Situations
- Created comprehensive financial models and summary valuation analysis, and published investment ratings on 15+ TSX-listed small and mid-cap companies in the industrial, commodity, and technology sectors. Assessed macroeconomic, industry, and stock-specific factors while also engaging with senior management of covered companies.
- Presented investment recommendations to institutional clients including mutual funds, hedge funds, and pensions, targeting each pitch to the specific mandate and investment strategy of the client.
- Accompanied executive management of companies under coverage to marketing meetings with institutional clients, assisting in the communication of company strategy and outlook while ensuring alignment with the interest of investors.
- Assessed risks and opportunities, and conducted on-site visits as part of operational due diligence for prospective and current companies under coverage.
- Led a team of eight analysts and associates, and was the co-portfolio manager for the firm's proprietary "Return on Invested Capital" research product, as well as model portfolios.