Verified Expert in Finance
David is an M&A expert who has worked with the owners of 100+ businesses to raise capital, exit their investments at premium valuations, or execute successful acquisitions and IPOs. With 15+ years of experience, including six years at PwC, he has worked in many industries and extensively in the TMT and renewable energy sectors. David joined Toptal to advise clients on complex M&A and capital-raising transactions across the world.
LBO Model for a US-based Client in Relation to The Acquisition of a Software Company
Sell-side Advisory to a Leading Microsoft Dynamics Partner
Financial Modeling Expert
- Prepared a comprehensive LBO model for an investor consortium concerning the $60 million acquisition of a US-based software company in the book publishing market.
- Advised the owners of a European software asset management company in discussions with two potential trade buyers. The role included business planning, preparation of investor materials, indicative valuation, and term sheet advisory.
- Built a comprehensive, reusable LBO model for a US-based eCommerce roll-up investor.
- Created a business plan and DCF valuation for a Southeast Asian technology company concerning the planned sale of a minority stake to an international strategic investor.
- Developed a full-scope leverage buyout model for a US-based boutique private equity fund manager.
- Advised the owners of a privately owned North American auto finance provider on the company's valuation.
- Assisted the owners of the leading local video game developer and publisher to execute the company's sale to a large, European, publicly listed acquirer and achieve a premium valuation (close to 5x revenue).
- Oversaw Europe's leading car fleet management company's acquisition of a local competitor to create the market leader in the sector in Hungary. Played a key role in modeling and the post-merger integration of the target.
- Managed the restructuring and sale of one of the leading Microsoft Dynamics partners in the CEE region. At the end of a lengthy process, the company was sold to the bidder with the best strategic fit to ensure the future growth of the business.
- Assisted a jewelry retailer to raise €5 million to fund the development of its webshop and expansion across Europe. Conducted business planning and valuation, created pitch documents, and identified investors.
- Advised the owner of a rooftop solar panel installation and EV charger company on the sale of a minority holding in the company to an international strategic investor.
- Provided advice to the developer of a 30MW solar power plant on the power plant sale to a financial investor.
- Prepared a full market screening on the Hungarian solar market for a strategic investor aiming to enter the market via acquisitions.
- Advised the owners of a leading canning company on the sale of a minority stake in the company to a strategic investor. Performed financial modeling and valuation, project management, and negotiations.
- Provided advice to the owners of an alcoholic and non-alcoholic drink manufacturer and distributor on the sale of the company.
- Advised a leading telecommunications company in the Nordics on selling their access and identity management software business to an industrial buyer.
Newport Capital Group
- Advised Telkom Indonesia on its market entry in Australia via the acquisition of a local call center operator. Served as an advisor during the entire process, from identifying acquisition targets to closing the transaction.
- Provided advice to Dicker Data Limited, the leading IT products distributor in Australia and New Zealand, on the acquisition and restructuring of Express Data and raising the AUD120 million bank financing required to fund the transaction.
- Managed the IPO process of Dicker Data Limited on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Managed the entire project and organized roadshow presentations for the company's senior management.
- Advised the owners of Australia's leading comparison shopping website on the partial sale and fundraising from a strategic investor. Conducted business planning and valuation, drafted the company overview, and led negotiations.
- Provided advice to the owners and management of a mobile satellite telecommunications company on the acquisition of a VSAT company and related financing.
- Advised the private equity owners of a SaaS contract management software developer on the valuation and sale of the company to a strategic investor.
- Advised the owners of the leading Hungarian dating website on the sale of the company to an international investor.
- Provided advice to the leading Hungarian security printing company on their IPO while serving as a member of the lead manager team.
- Counseled the owners of a disposable medical device company on restructuring the company and their exit to a strategic acquirer.
- Guided the venture capitalist owner of the leading auction-style eCommerce company in Hungary on the sale of the company to a strategic investor.
- Built a large number of financial models for sell-side and buy-side M&A clients and fundraising assignments.
Master's Degree in Economics and Corporate Finance
Corvinus University - Budapest, Hungary
CFA Level I