Verified Expert in Finance
At Duff & Phelps, David has managed valuation engagements involving transactions greater than $1.5 billion for publicly traded companies in the industrial products and chemicals industries. He has extensive experience working with the senior management of Fortune 500 companies in various industries. Freelancing allows him to leverage his skills and experience to assist clients with complex and unique projects.
Duff & Phelps
- Provided valuation services, expertise, and advice to corporate clients, private equity funds, law firms, and other clients on matters involving valuation.
- Managed and performed a variety of valuation projects for tax and financial reporting purposes, including business enterprise valuations, equity valuations, stock option valuations, and purchase price allocations.
- Acted as a business development coordinator and contributed directly to the development of proposals for transactions within the industrial and consumer products industries. Notable proposals included a proposal for a $1.5 billion acquisition of a household appliance company, resulting in an engagement that earned more than $200,000 in fees.
- Developed financial models and managed the engagement for a purchase price allocation of an industrial safety equipment manufacturer acquired for $2.5 billion.
- Participated in the acquisition of a $1.6 billion chemical distributor, performing financial and business due diligence, developing and evaluating financial models and strategic plans, and creating detailed reports.
Willamette Management Associates
- Provided valuation services to law firms and corporations for tax reporting purposes.
- Contributed to various business development efforts that resulted in the awarding of several engagements for the firm, including a recurring equity valuation for a logistics company with approximately $165 million in annual sales.
- Presented the results of a business valuation analysis to the board of directors of a privately held corporation, which included describing various valuation approaches and cost of capital analyses.
- Prepared a recurring equity valuation of a privately held healthcare distributor with approximately $1.5 billion in annual sales to assist management in determining the fair market value of equity for internal stock transactions.
- Authored two articles on valuation that were featured in a quarterly firm publication, distributed to current and potential clients.
Duff & Phelps
- Performed valuation analyses on a wide range of public and private companies across various industries while taking on an increasing level of responsibility for engagements in both internal and client management.
- Acted as the lead analyst for seven professional sports franchise valuation engagements, including franchises in the NBA, NHL, MLB, NFL, and the English Premier League.
- Managed the engagement with a $9 billion packaged food company which involved developing financial models and assisting senior management with valuation analyses related to a divestiture of a business division.
- Prepared and presented the results of a recurring quarterly business valuation analysis to the board of directors of a privately held paper packaging company with $2 billion in annual sales.
- Designed detailed equity valuation models and created detailed narrative reports to support the analysis of a global legal entity restructuring of an international IT products and service provider for tax planning purposes.
Bachelor's Degree in Finance
Illinois State University - Normal, IL, USA
Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)