Verified Expert in Finance
Davit has spearheaded over $500 million of debt, equity, and M&A transactions in the telecommunications, energy, real estate, and infrastructure sectors while working at a leading Georgian investment bank, TBC Capital, and Ernst & Young. By joining Toptal, Davit strives to make an outstanding impact and advise clients on complex M&A transactions, strategy development, and corporate finance solutions.
- Spearheaded $800+ million worth of actual or potential transactions and prepared financial models and investment case presentations as an investment banking analyst of a leading investment bank in Georgia.
- Led a $45 million leveraged buyout transaction (LBO) of an international telecom service provider's Georgian branch. Created the LBO financial model and presentation for equity investors and financial institutions joining the syndicate.
- Evaluated seven hydropower plants worth $200+ million in total and closed three transactions. Initiated and developed the Georgian electricity sector report and utilized it to find comparable plants' coefficients during valuations.
- Determined enterprise value of a $170+ million LBO transaction of a leading Georgian FMCG company and created the financial model and presentation for TBC Bank and other Georgian banks financing the transaction.
- Assessed 50+ properties in the real estate market, totally valued at $250+ million. This included the estimated value of hotels, restaurants, commercial and residential buildings, warehouses, development projects, and land plots.
- Processed $135+ million valuation of agricultural farms of nuts, almonds, and vineyards and two manufacturing factories processing traditional Georgian food.
- Accumulated experience advising businesses and government by actively engaging in 25+ significant projects across the country's energy, telecom, logistics, alcohol and beverages, manufacturing, and real estate industries.
- Evaluated a leading Georgian convergent telecommunication provider at $600+ million for management purposes. Engaged in determining the fair value of the past $150+ million merger of Georgian mobile and fixed-line telecom operators.
- Participated in the corporate restructuring of a Georgian mobile telecom service provider. Analyzed and drew end-to-end business processes in ARIS software for seniors to make better decisions about improving operational excellence.
- Engaged actively in advising the Government of Georgia for telecom sector development. Performed regulatory impact analysis (RIA) for a regulator on a potential mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) project.
- Took part in consulting the Georgian Government about improvements in the country's electricity sector—national grid's upgrade and Georgian Energy Exchange development. Researched the potential impact of a 500 MWh hydropower plant on the economy.
- Conducted feasibility studies for investors operating in alcohol and beverages and logistics businesses. Assisted businesses in manufacturing and real estate to develop business plans and expand on the Georgian market.
- Mastered corporate financial analysis, IFRS reporting, and financial management as a corporate finance analyst of Silknet JSC, the leading convergent telecom operator in the Georgian market, with an annual revenue of $140 million.
- Provided recommendations on financial matters for a decision-making process by monthly reporting and analyzing profit and loss, budget vs. actual, cash flow statement, interconnect, regulatory forms, and other industry-specific statements.
- Assisted the management in various inside projects, such as quarterly audit processes, financial statement issuance, accounting separation, and creating presentations for investor meetings.
Georgian Water and Power
- Developed background in reporting and IT Strategy acting as a billing analyst in the billing department of the natural monopolist water and other utility services supplier company Georgian Water and Power.
- Monitored and adjusted billing data in the Microsoft Dynamics AX billing system. Collected data from SQL bases and an ERP system, analyzed in Microsoft Excel and reported to senior members.
- Worked with the regulator to increase IT Transparency and operational efficiency. Implemented Microsoft Dynamics AX in the IT infrastructure and improved the automatization process by 60%.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Banking & Finance
University of Rochester - Rochester, NY
Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Business Administration
Ilia State University - Tbilisi, Georgia
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration and Finance
Free University of Tbilisi - Tbilisi, Georgia