Verified Expert in Finance
As a venture capital associate at one of the largest Upstate New York funds, David specializes in seed and early-stage investments in the technology and healthcare industries. Previously, as an investment banking analyst at TBC Capital, he led M&A and LBO transactions worth $800M across the telecom, energy, real estate, and infrastructure sectors. At Toptal, David enjoys bringing a positive impact on client strategies in M&A, corporate finance, and strategic development.
Port Infrastructure Project DCF and Market/Transaction Multiples Valuation
Venture Capital Associate
Simon Venture Fund
- Served as an associate at one of the largest venture capital funds in Upstate New York, with an investment portfolio exceeding $35M, focusing on seed round and early-stage startups in the technology and healthcare sectors.
- Led the charge in the strategic analysis and evaluation of investment opportunities, presenting potential investments to the board and ensuring alignment with Simon School Venture Fund's strategic objectives.
- Oversaw due diligence for over 10 potential investments. Managed key relationships and negotiations with startup founders and coordinated numerous strategic meetings.
- Engaged in market analysis and identifying potential investment opportunities. Stepped into crisis management for portfolio companies, ensuring long-term success through strategic interventions.
- Led a team of six analysts by optimizing dynamics through strategic task allocation, comprehensive performance evaluations, and delivering insightful feedback to bolster individual skills and overall team efficacy.
Investment Banking Analyst
- Built DCF, Merger, and LBO models for transactions totaling $800M while liaising with bank clients and potential investors during auction process negotiations across Georgia's TMT, energy, real estate, and infrastructure sectors.
- Spearheaded a $45M LBO transaction of VEON Ltd.'s (multinational telecom services company) Georgian branch; delivered LBO model and pitch deck presentation for local banks and international financial institutions joining a syndicated debt financing.
- Evaluated seven energy transactions collectively exceeding $200M; initiated and published a macroeconomic report on countrywide electricity consumption patterns and utilized it to forecast future market price dynamics during valuations.
- Assessed a portfolio of properties worth over $250M; evaluated hotels operating under international and local brands, restaurants, commercial and residential buildings, warehouses, development projects, and land plots for decision-making purposes.
- Led a cross-functional collaboration between investment and corporate banking teams to evaluate and secure successful financing for a $175M LBO transaction of a leading Georgian FMCG company operating under the international brand Spar LLC.
- Evaluated transactions and provided strategic advice to the Government of Georgia in 25 transaction advisory, feasibility study, and regulatory impact analysis projects across the country's telecom, renewable energy, and real estate sectors.
- Evaluated a leading Georgian convergent telecommunication provider as $425M for MD&A purposes; facilitated a strategic $115M transaction involving a leading Georgian mobile telecom company acquiring a Georgian fixed-line telecom operator.
- Managed a corporate restructuring project for a Georgian mobile telecom service provider; led client relationships, designed end-to-end business processes in ARIS, created new mobile bundle offers, and improved operational efficiency by 20%.
- Provided consultancy services to the Government of Georgia on potential MVNO applications in the telecommunications sector and developing exchange systems in the energy market; researched the potential economic impact of a ~500 MW/H hydropower plant.
- Guided investors in shaping their long-term business strategies and enhancing their market penetration; engineered feasibility studies for potential investments across diverse sectors, including real estate, logistics, and manufacturing.
Corporate Finance Analyst
- Provided recommendations for the decision-making process by analyzing and presenting three major financial statements and other relevant industry-specific financial reports of a local telecom company with $140M of annual revenue.
- Administered post-merger procedures of a $145M transaction, collaborating with local and international external consultants; contributed to fostering consolidation synergy and guiding integration, ensuring successful alignment of business operations.
- Helped senior analysts and KPMG auditors in auditing and issuing financial statements; created presentations for investors holding $200M of Eurobonds and actively contributed to budget creation, strategy formulation, and account separation projects.
- Worked with cross-functional teams in accounting, operations, and marketing departments; expanded the billing system within the 1C, optimized reports, and increased the efficiency of internal processes, resulting in a 15% improved financial accuracy.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Banking & Finance
University of Rochester - Rochester, NY
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration and Finance
Free University of Tbilisi - Tbilisi, Georgia
SFIC Financial Modeling Training – Wall Street Guide
Financial & Valuation Modeling
Wall Street Prep
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring