Verified Expert in Finance
Dimitri conducted his first equity research at the age of 14, since then he has evaluated more than €1 billion of real estate assets and has raised ~€220,000 for his first startup. These experiences have endowed him with not only top skills, but also a holistic point of view. After seeing the financial system from the inside, he left ECB to become an entrepreneur and work on a variety of fascinating projects and remain constantly challenged.
- Founded Dishcover, an augmented reality mobile application that allows users to do self-guided tours at their own pace and travel through the history of a city bite by bite with customizable, interactive content.
- Proceeded with secondary and primary research—gaining insights into the experiential tourism niche and calculating the market gap.
- Developed the business plan and the strategy.
- Built a high-profile team and closed business deals that led to launching in less than three months since the inception.
- Received support from prestigious institutions such as the Embassy of the Netherlands in Athens and partnered with top professionals.
Freelance Finance Expert
- Assisted the CFO of software company on reconciliation and revenues/contracts analysis.
- Performed venture financing research for a fintech startup (Switzerland-based).
- Contributed financial analysis and planning for an e-health startup—leading to its acceptance from an incubator (Greece-based).
- Developed business plans and market research for a business intelligence consulting firm in cooperation with the CEO (UK-based).
- Conducted market research for a consulting firm (Canada-based).
- Executed market and investment research for a real estate private equity focusing on the hotel market (US-based).
- Worked on market research for an online retail site and suggested innovative growth strategies.
Greek National Tourism Organization
- Drafted the innovation and start up initiative of the organization, by proceeding thorough SWOT analysis, market research, and a best cases study.
- Contributed to the first B2B workshop of the organization in Israel involving some of the most important Greek and Israeli tourism stakeholders.
- Drafted the submission of the organization on ICT technologies and their impact on tourism and sustainability for the ITU Open Consultation in Geneva.
Banking Supervision Analyst
European Central Bank
- Evaluated the sustainability and profitability of a large Italian bank by analyzing its financial statements and business model.
- Replicated the formulas measuring the business, capital, credit, and liquidity risks for the supervisory review and evaluation process by using back-testing and reverse engineering.
- Wrote monitoring reports by analyzing complex data and legal documents related to non-performing and large exposures, liquidity, and credit risks.
- Participated in the financial innovation study group regarding the use and impact of technologies such as the blockchain.
- Selected to be one of a six-member team for the commercialization of a new ultra-compact cooler (Department of Physics, University of Cambridge).
- Cooperated with post-graduate science students from four continents and a seasoned business angel.
- Created a business opportunity evaluation framework for the members of the team with no business background.
- Explored the opportunities of the invention in the area of quantum computing by conducting secondary and primary research.
- Concluded that the inventors should look in a different area (semiconductors) and offered a recommendation on how they could adjust the invention based on the needs of the examined industry.
Asian Equities Relative Return Fund
- Selected as an equity analyst of the Asian Equity RRF from the Committee of the Cambridge University Investment and Finance Society (a five-member real estate team).
- Shortlisted a series of publicly traded property management properties from Singapore, Hong Kong, and China.
- Picked Sun Hung Kai Properties and conducted a fundamental analysis and comparables valuation.
- Outperformed the benchmark (Hang Seng) by 19%.
SPDI Private Equity
- Cooperated with the CFO on the due diligence and valuation process for prospective projects that led to €20 million of property acquisitions in Southeast Europe.
- Produced weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports, following thorough secondary and primary market research and analysis for the management and shareholders.
- Participated in the due diligence process for the evaluation of a large portfolio of distressed properties.
- Built a five-year budgeting model, following a merger with two other investment vehicles.
- Developed the business model for the investigation of new market entry.
President | Founder
AUEBS Investment and Finance Club
- Used my leadership and interpersonal and organizational skills to establish the first student Investment and Finance Club in Greece.
- Developed from the ground-up robust relationships with financial companies, such as the Hellenic Stock Exchange and PwC.
- Launched a series of activities such as the student finance magazine Bubble and the Research Practicum where students were cooperating with companies in real-life, research projects.
- Increased by 200% the initial membership, leading a team of 60.
Athens Entrepreneurship Hubs
- Developed an innovative business concept in the hospitality industry that could boost up to six times the profits of an existing lodge; this directly led to my selection as a fellow at Athens Entrepreneurship Hubs.
- Developed from scratch the business model.
- Managed to raise €220,000 for its implementation.
Smeralda Consulting et Associati
- Participated in the regional strategic planning of European grant programs for culture, tourism, real estate, and education.
- Built the financial model (projections and capital structure) for a project in the alternative energy sector; which consequently was funded with a €800,000 loan.
- Conducted research for a Bulgarian-Italian joint venture in social entrepreneurship.
- Selected for the program "Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs," based on an innovative business concept (software).
SPDI Private Equity
- Conducted research for real estate, political, and economic developments in South-East Europe.
- Built a report with suggestions regarding new markets and opportunities.
- Received an offer for a full-time position.
Junior Economic Analyst
- Analyzed data for the banking and fiscal sector in South-East Europe.
- Published an analysis of Romania’s banking sector in the “New Europe: Economics and Strategy” edition.
- Used databases such as Bloomberg and Ecowin Reuters.
- Gathered statistics from the World Bank, IMF, Eurostat, OECD, and local institutions.
Focus Financial Services
- Notified and consulted debtors of overdue liabilities.
- Developed a personalized strategy and targets with them.
- Exceeded the €60,000/month collection target (part-time).
Master's Degree in Finance
University of Cambridge - Cambridge, UK
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and Finance
Athens University of Economics and Business - Athens, Greece