Verified Expert in Finance
Head of strategic finance at Savii, a Singapore fintech company, Edisher covers FP&A and supports optimizing decision-making and shaping the company's long-term business strategy. He's executed numerous debt, equity, and M&A projects totaling $500 million and valued businesses worth $2.5 billion while working at Nordic PE firm (Nord-Corp), leading Georgian IB (TBC Capital), and KPMG. Experienced with firms of all sizes, Edisher enjoys using his financial insight to help enhance business value.
Financial Model Summary
Head of Strategic Finance
- Took responsibility for building and maintaining financial models, budgets, and forecasts and creating frameworks to optimize decision-making while providing insights to the leadership team about Savii’s performance.
- Developed financial models focused on the feasibility of unit economics of products, projects, and strategic partnerships.
- Provided comprehensive analysis and recommendations on liquidity needs to support the growth of the business and optimization of the company's capital structure.
- Led the buy-side international M&A project in the SaaS industry. Acted as financial advisor of an investor, determined EV of the target, drafted SPA, and helped the client in price negotiation and deal structuring.
- Constructed a comprehensive financial model covering the valuation of 15 independent companies and acquisition strategies. Prepared analyses of COVID-19's effect on the profitability of businesses.
- Built transaction analysis for a fund based on four core components of the investment assessment framework. The transaction size was EUR 45 million. Prepared sensitivity tables and waterfall payment structures considering credit seniority.
- Prepared a three-statement operating model for an eCommerce company operating in the retail industry. Worked directly with CFO and CEO on the preparation of a five-year budget.
- Prepared valuation analysis for lease buyback project, calculating deal value and investment return through different scenarios with a deal value of up to $20 million. Prepared valuation financial presentation facilitating decision making.
- Prepared a comprehensive three-statement financial model for a law tech company, facilitating the fundraising process.
Nord Corp (Private Equity)
- Prepared comprehensive investment memos highlighting key investment thesis, risks, and potential returns for presentation to top management and investment committee.
- Developed complex financial models to support investment decision-making, including cash flow projections, sensitivity analysis, and scenario modeling, and assessed investment risks and returns through in-depth sensitivity analysis.
- Underwrote dozens of deals for potential equity and debt financing across different industries.
- Conducted financial analysis and due diligence on potential investment opportunities across the EU, with a cumulative valuation of over $3 billion.
- Participated in potential international buy-side M&A projects for companies operating in banking and eCommerce. Performed business valuations, determined potential synergies, and participated in deal structuring.
- Led several sell-side M&A projects for companies operating in the eCommerce, banking, FMCG, hospitality, education, and healthcare industries with responsibilities that included constructing valuation models and return and sensitivity analyses.
- Assisted several early-stage companies in fundraising with the total amount of $300 million. Prepared business plans and organic growth strategies, constructed three-statement operational models, and conducted a comprehensive business analysis.
- Carried out an international merger project for two fintech companies. Prepared action plan, financial model, and management report. The project considered a strategic merger between user-based companies with a transaction amount of $150+ million.
- Covered the fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) sector, identified potential M&A targets in the market, prepared investment pitch books, performed benchmarking, and developed valuation goals for the target companies.
- Constructed comprehensive financial models for internal projections and external fundraising efforts for different companies.
- Participated in several Eurobond issuance projects for the most significant local financial institutions with a total issued amount of more than $350 million.
Corporate Finance Analyst
- Participated in the equity valuation project of the largest electric power generation company in Kazakhstan with more than twenty subsidiaries. Determined EV of two subsidiaries by constructing DCF and analyzed various scenarios.
- Performed impairment tests of fixed assets of multiple HPP development projects, analyzed the energy market of Georgia and Turkey, built financial models, performed comprehensive scenario analysis, and prepared valuation reports.
- Led asset valuation projects for state-owned railway and utility companies with asset values of more than $1.1 billion.
- Covered utility, hospitality, and telecommunication industries in Georgia and other developing countries.
- Performed the valuation of a leading wine and beverage company with responsibilities that included constructing the discounted cash flow valuation, analyzing comparable transactions as well as publicly traded companies to determine the fair value.
- Advised best practices of international auction standards for a green energy development project in Kazakhstan.
- Participated in the valuation project of $350 million notes issued by the largest private equity fund in Georgia, with responsibilities that included reviewing and analyzing the transaction clauses.
- Participated in a manufacturing company's buy-side financial due diligence, performing a comprehensive review of the target company's operational documentation.
- Audited the largest state-owned railway and investment companies in Georgia, performing initial planning procedures and risk assessment and ensuring compliance with the financial covenants set by Development Finance Institutions (DFIs).
- Analyzed the internal control system and currency trading procedures of the National Bank of Georgia.
- Evaluated the group reporting procedure compliance of a micro-finance organization with the most extensive portfolio of online debt financing in Georgia.
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration
Caucasus University - Tbilisi, Georgia
Primary Market Certificate (PMC)
ICMA - International Capital Market Association
CFA Level I
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring