2020 - PRESENT
Clients (via Toptal)
- Constructed a comprehensive financial model covering the valuation of 15 independent companies and acquisition strategies. Prepared analyses of COVID-19's effect on the profitability of businesses.
- Built transaction analysis for a fund based on four core components of the investment assessment framework. The transaction size was EUR 45 million. Prepared sensitivity tables and waterfall payment structures considering credit seniority.
- Prepared a three-statement operating model for an eCommerce company operating in the retail industry. Worked directly with CFO and CEO on the preparation of a five-year budget.
Focus areas: Private Equity, Free Cash Flow (FCF), Cash Flow Modeling, Three Statement Operating Model, P&L Forecasting, Business Planning, Retail & Wholesale, eCommerce, Waterfall Modeling, Credit Analysis, DCF Valuation, Valuation Analysis, Mergermarket, Bloomberg, Capital IQ, Financial Modeling, Investment Return Scenario Analysis, Investment Analysis, Fundraising Consultant, Leveraged Buyout Modeling, Leveraged Buyout (LBO), Acquisitions
2019 - PRESENT
- Led several sell-side M&A projects for companies operating in the eCommerce, banking, fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG), hospitality, education, logistics, and healthcare industries with responsibilities that included constructing comprehensive financial models, including return analysis, sensitivity analysis, financial forecasting, and valuation.
- Assisted several early-stage companies in fundraising with the total amount of $300+ million. Prepared business plans and organic growth strategies, constructed three statement operational models, and conducted a comprehensive analysis of the business (historical performance and growth potential).
- Carried out an international merger project for two financial technological companies. Prepared action plan, financial model, and management report. The project considered a strategic merger between user-based companies with a transaction amount of $150+ million.
- Covered the fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) sector, identified potential M&A targets in the market and prepared investment pitch books, performed benchmarking, and developed valuation goals for the target companies.
- Constructed comprehensive financial models for internal projections and external fundraising efforts for different companies.
- Participated in several Eurobond issuance projects for the most significant local financial institutions with a total issued amount of more than $350 million.
Focus areas: Fundraising, Equity Valuation, Financial Modeling, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
Corporate Finance Analyst
2017 - 2018
- Participated in the equity valuation project of the largest electric power generation company in Kazakhstan with more than twenty subsidiaries Responsibilities included determining the enterprise value of two subsidiaries, constructing the discount cash flow valuation, reviewing electricity tariff methodology and analyzing various scenarios.
- Performed impairment tests of fixed assets of multiple HPP development projects, analyzed the energy market of Georgia and Turkey, built financial models, performed comprehensive scenario analysis, and prepared valuation reports.
- Led asset valuation projects for state-owned railway and utility companies with asset values of more than $1.1 billion.
- Covered utility, hospitality, and telecommunication industries in Georgia as well as other developing countries.
- Performed the valuation of a leading wine and beverage company with responsibilities that included constructing the discounted cash flow valuation, analyzing comparable transactions as well as publicly traded companies to determine the fair value.
- Advised best practices of international auction standards for a green energy development project in Kazakhstan.
- Participated in the valuation project of $350 million notes issued by the largest private equity fund in Georgia, with responsibilities that included reviewing and analyzing the transaction clauses.
Focus areas: Financial Modeling, Valuation, Corporate Finance
2016 - 2017
- Participated in the buy-side financial due diligence of a manufacturing company, performing a comprehensive review of the target company's operational documentation.
- Audited the largest state-owned railway and investment companies in Georgia, performing initial planning procedures, risk assessment, and ensuring their compliance with the financial covenants set by Development Finance Institutions.
- Analyzed the internal control system and currency trading procedures of the National Bank of Georgia.
- Evaluated the group reporting procedure compliance of a micro-finance organization with the most extensive portfolio of online debt financing in Georgia.
Focus areas: Credit Analysis, Company Analysis, Auditing