Verified Expert in Finance
A certified public accountant, Eduardo has originated and executed $25+ billion in debt, equity, and M&A transactions for global corporations and SMEs. He has extensive experience as a CFO and has worked with C-level executives throughout his career. He freelances to help SMEs and startups on complex capital fundraising projects and to advise on private equity and venture capital projects.
Dynamic Commercial Real Estate Waterfall Distribution
CFO Advisory Services Tech & SaaS Industry
- Provided CFO advisory services to tech and SaaS companies.
- Served as the CFO of nClouds (AWS cloud management partner) and nOps (cost optimization software company).
- Acted as a CFO advisor for a SaaS European company in its equity fundraising effort with VCs and institutional investors.
Chief Financial Officer
- Supervised all of the financial, budgeting, and accounting activities for a leading digital media company focused on media and agency advertising as well as video production activities.
- Managed the series A investment fundraising activities and corresponding due diligence process.
Chief Financial and Compliance Officer
Conduit Capital Partners LLC
- Supervised all of the accounting, financial reporting, treasury, tax, and compliance activities for a $392 million fund, its portfolio companies, the investment manager, and a network of European investment vehicles.
- Prepared the waterfall distribution and partner capital account materials for management and investors and implemented a new asset valuation system (NAV) that was audited annually.
- Established the investment manager’s SEC and SOX compliance policies and code of ethics, related compliance reports, and set appropriate risk management controls.
- Coordinated the structuring of the legal, financial and tax aspects of new investments as a member of the investment committee.
- Audited the investment’s feasibility study and financial models prepared by the investment managers for all proposed investments.
SVP and Head of Emerging Markets
Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
- Managed the relationship with governments, multilateral organizations, financial institutions, and corporations in Latin America helping to develop funding strategies as a member of the asset and liability management committee.
- Directed the origination, structuring, and syndication of the corporate banking and structured trade activities of SMBC in Latin America.
- Supervised a nine-person team.
Senior Financial Analyst
Allied Waste Industries
- Prepared the consolidated financial statements for 40+ North American subsidiaries.
- Managed relationships with external auditors and developed financial schedules for SEC filings including 10-Ks, 10-Qs, S-3s, and S-4s.
- Performed a quantitative analysis using discounted cash-flow models to determine the fair value of business segments.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) Degree in Finance
Institute Supérieur de Gestion, ISG - Paris, France
Juris Doctor and Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration
Universidad Pontificia Comillas - Madrid, Spain
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)