COO and CFO
2011 - 2013
Tradeweb Markets (Tradeweb Direct Line of Business)
- Reversed EBITDA from negative performance to $20+ million, adding $300+ million in TEV.
- Skyrocketed revenue from $10 million to $82 million, representing a 186% CAGR after assuming a co-lead role and overseeing daily operations, strategic sales, and strategic acquisitions.
- Turned around Tradeweb Direct. It had been burning $4 million in cash annually and ranked last among four competitors in the niche market of electronic bond trading in the retail investment community.
- Led all facets of a $220 million acquisition of the largest competitor, owned by private equity firm Advent. Directly managed a team of Goldman Sachs investment bankers and participated in raising $180 million in equity capital.
- Articulated the strategic direction and guided daily operations while also managing finance, evaluating the competitive landscape, spearheading enterprise sales efforts, launching strategic initiatives, and overseeing all M&A activities.
- Led all facets of a $10 million acquisition of a financial advisor portfolio analytics software company.
- Oversaw explosive growth in personnel from 40 to 156 employees.
- Drove millions of dollars in incremental revenue through cross-pollinating an inter-dealer brokerage (IDB) operation in the municipal bond market with the Tradeweb Direct retail investor-focused liquidity pool.
- Played a key role in driving an exponential acceleration in organic revenue growth through direct involvement in the sales processes for multiple large custodian clients (e.g., Wells Fargo), negotiating multimillion-dollar, multi-year contracts.
Focus areas: Loans & Lending, Credit Underwriting, Marketplaces, Modeling, Risk Management, Investment Capital Raising, Financial Management, Income Statements, Financial Reports, Accounting, Risk Models, Waterfall Modeling, Wealth Management, Capital Raising, Debt Raises, Board Decks, Fractional CFO, Business Strategy, Interim CFO, Forecasting, CFO, Business Models, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Market Research, Venture Capital, Financial Modeling, Post-merger Integration, Cross-selling, M&A Earn-out Agreements, Synergy Cost Project Management, System Integration, Software Design, Software, Pricing Software, IT Operations, Operations Analytics, Sales Operations, Go to Market, Market Estimates, Interviews, Headcount Management, Long-term Contracts, Contract Drafting, Sales & Channel Enablement, Channel Optimization, Sales & Marketing, Company Strategy, Strategy, Board Presentations, Board of Directors, Investment Briefs, Deal Advisory, Broker Dealers, Brokerage, Growth Capital Raising, Growth, Deal Execution, Execution, Scenario Analysis, Investment Return Scenario Analysis, Economic Analysis, Capital Markets, Capital Budgeting, Private Capital Markets, Debt Capital Markets, IT Projects, Project Planning, Private Equity Valuation, Equity Valuation, Equity Investment, Equity Capital, Product Market Fit, Executive Presentations, Executive Coaching, Valuation Multiples, Geographic Locations, Regulatory Management, Financial Regulations, Legal Documentation, Cross-functional, Cross-cultural Management, Industry Analysis, Competitive Intelligence, Competitive Strategy, Inorganic Growth, Large-scale Turnaround & Transformation, Turnaround Management, CEO, COO, Chief Strategy Officer, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Corporate Development, Corporate Finance, Structured Products, Launch Strategy, Credit Investing, M&A Modeling, M&A (Buy-side), Term Sheet Negotiations, Contract Negotiation, Thought Leadership, Leadership Strategy, Talent Strategy, Talent Management, Rapid Development, Cross-functional Team Leadership, Cross-cultural Communication, Partnership Structuring, Sales Growth, Growth Strategy, Compensation, Compensation Plans, Shareholder Liquidity & Succession, Liquidity Events, Fixed Income, Portfolio Analytics, Growth Equity, Investment Banking, Private Equity, Strategic Planning & Execution, Product Strategy, Pricing Strategy, Strategic Partnerships, Senior Executive Management, P&L Management, Sales Planning