COO and CFO
2011 - 2013
Tradeweb Markets (Tradeweb Direct Line of Business)
- Reversed EBITDA from negative performance to $20+ million, adding $300+ million in TEV.
- Skyrocketed revenue from $10 million to $82 million, representing a 186% CAGR after assuming a co-lead role and overseeing daily operations, strategic sales, and strategic acquisitions.
- Turned Tradeweb Direct around. It had been burning $4 million in cash annually and ranked last among four competitors in the niche market of electronic bond trading in the retail investment community.
- Led all facets of a $220 million acquisition of the largest competitor, owned by private equity firm Advent. Directly managed a team of Goldman Sachs investment bankers and participated in raising $180 million in equity capital.
- Articulated the strategic direction and guided daily operations while also managing finance; evaluating the competitive landscape; spearheading enterprise sales efforts; launching new, strategic initiatives. and overseeing all M&A activities.
- Led all facets of a $10 million acquisition of a financial advisor portfolio analytics software company.
- Oversaw explosive growth in personnel from 40 to 156 employees.
- Drove millions of dollars in incremental revenue through cross-pollinating an inter-dealer brokerage (IDB) operation in the municipal bond market with the Tradeweb Direct retail investor-focused liquidity pool.
- Played a key role in driving an exponential acceleration in organic revenue growth through direct involvement in the sales processes for multiple large custodian clients (e.g., Wells Fargo), negotiating multi-million dollar multi-year contracts.
Focus areas: Sales Planning, P&L Management, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Senior Executive Management, Strategic Partnerships, Pricing Strategy, Product Strategy, Strategic Planning & Execution, Financial Modeling, Private Equity, Investment Banking, Growth Equity, Portfolio Analytics, Fixed Income, Liquidity Events, Shareholder Liquidity & Succession, Compensation Plans, Compensation, Growth Strategy, Sales Growth, Partnership Structuring, Cross-cultural Communication, Cross-functional Team Leadership, Rapid Development, Talent Management, Talent Strategy, Leadership Strategy, Thought Leadership, Contract Negotiation, Term Sheet Negotiations, M&A (Buy-side), M&A Modeling, Credit Investing, Launch Strategy, Structured Products, Corporate Finance, Corporate Development, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Chief Strategy Officer, COO, CEO, CFO, Turnaround Management, Large-scale Turnaround & Transformation, Inorganic Growth, Competitive Strategy, Competitive Intelligence, Industry Analysis, Cross-cultural Management, Cross-functional, Legal Documentation, Financial Regulations, Regulatory Management, Geographic Locations, Valuation Multiples, Executive Coaching, Executive Presentations, Product Market Fit, Debt Raise, Equity Capital, Equity Investment, Equity Valuation, Private Equity Valuation, Project Planning, IT Projects, Debt Capital Markets, Private Capital Markets, Capital Budgeting, Capital Markets, Economic Analysis, Investment Return Scenario Analysis, Scenario Analysis, Execution, Deal Execution, Growth, Growth Capital Raising, Broker Dealers, Deal Structures, Deal Structuring, Investment Briefs, Board Decks, Board Presentations, Strategy, Company Strategy, Sales & Marketing, Channel Optimization, Sales & Channel Enablement, Contract Drafting, Long-term Contracts, Headcount Management, Interviews, Market Estimates, Go to Market, Market Research, Sales Operations, Operations, IT Operations, Pricing Software, Software, Software Design, System Integration, Synergy Cost Project Management, M&A Earn-out Agreements, Cross-selling, Post-merger Integration