Verified Expert in Finance
Enrique has been a senior investment banker for 10+ years, playing an active role in Latin American transactions totaling $3+ billion. His experience includes leading sell- and buy-side mandates, debt financings and restructuring processes involving national and international banks and multilateral organizations, and asset-backed financings for consumer loan portfolios. Enrique is thrilled to leverage and expand his financial expertise while freelancing for international clients.
Asset-backed Financing of a Non-performing Consumer Loans Portfolio
- Issued a fairness opinion to Grupo Éxito, Colombia's largest food retailer, for an offer to sell its stake in Brazilian subsidiary, Grupo Pão de Açúcar, Brazil's largest food retailer, to its French parent company, Groupe Casino, for $1.3 billion.
- Completed the sale of ZAZ Food Store, a convenience store chain with 17 stores operating through Petroleos Delta, the largest gas station network in Panama, to Grupo Rey, a prominent local food retail group.
- Structured an asset management venture for INVERLINK involving a special situation fund focused on alternative credit assets including asset-backed securities collateralized by non-performing loans and payroll loans.
- Completed the sale of a rose and carnation plantation to The Elite Flower, one of the largest Colombian flower growers, enabling Elite to complement its carnation offering in the US market.
- Issued a fairness opinion to EPSA, a leading power generator in Colombia, for the transaction in which it acquired a combination of seven generation assets in the hydro, solar, and wind markets from Celsia, its parent company, for $205 million.
- Provided an independent valuation opinion for Enertolima, a leading Columbian power distributor, in support of a $540 million sell-side transaction.
Assistant Vice President
- Assisted in the successful execution of three syndicated financing transactions in the Mexican market with an aggregate amount of over $1 billion in which Citi acted as the sole arranger, directly taking part in negotiations with participant banks.
- Worked on sell-side materials for the transactions in coordination with the corporate bank and the New York-based Latin American capital markets origination and syndicated loans team.
- Performed a Latin American-wide efficiency analysis for Citi's global subsidiaries group, measuring the segment’s banker coverage productivity and identifying concrete opportunities that resulted in considerable annual savings.
- Participated in financing transactions involving Argentine companies returning to international markets after the new economic environment stemming from the sovereign creditor negotiations in the Macri administration took hold.
- Built the valuation model, designed the marketing materials, and engaged in multiple aspects during the negotiation of the sale of a 100% stake in Helm Bank, one of Colombia's largest financial groups, to the Chilean Corpbanca for $1.3 billion.
- Prepared the model, organized due diligence, and developed marketing materials in a mandate with UBS' Latin American financial institutions group for the 51% sale of Colpatria, one of Colombia’s most profitable banks, to Scotiabank for $1 billion.
- Initiated the relationship and accompanied the investment process that raised $9 million for the development of a BPO dedicated office building in Bogota's free trade zone in a cross-selling operation for INVERLINK’s REIT.
- Created a cash generation/profitability analysis resulting in the sustainable debt level, which served as the basis for negotiating a $320 million refinancing and debt reduction package with nine banks for a Colombian industrial group.
- Designed a scoring model to establish a risk-adjusted hurdle IRR for each potential investment considered by INVERLINK’s REIT fund.
- Structured and executed a successful raise of $11 million for a collateralized revolving consumer debt origination facility.
Master's Degree in Finance
London Business School - London, United Kingdom
Bachelor's Degree in Business
College of Higher Administration Studies - Bogotá, Colombia
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring