Evan Glover, CFA, CPA
Verified Expert in Finance
Evan is a CPA and CFA with expertise in complex financial analysis, investment analysis, and business advisory. With over seven years of experience, he has worked in a family office, a hedge fund, a top-five bank in the United States, various startups, and a Fortune 500 company. Evan was involved in an organization-wide transformation initiative that saved a company $100 million over three years. He has also worked with startups to raise capital, recently completing a $5 million debt financing.
Research for a Potential Investment in an $11 Billion Industrial Firm
Founder | Chief Investment Officer
Tetelestai Capital, LLC
- Implemented actively-managed portfolio strategies for multiple private funds, separately managed accounts, and personal investments.
- Developed proprietary investment research with actionable investment ideas for global markets during volatile market environments.
- Led the investor relations and performance reporting for hedge fund clients.
- Actively raised client assets to build an investment management business from the ground up.
- Utilized derivatives to hedge portfolios for investment funds and client accounts.
- Built volatility strategies for client portfolios to mitigate market risk during high-stress market environments.
- Created and presented investor pitch decks on portfolio strategies and private funds to prospective clients.
- Developed valuation models for public and private investments, including Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) models and Pro Forma financial statements.
Financial Consultant | Fractional CFO
- Developed a valuation model and business plan for a $70 million organization, which helped raise $5 million in debt financing for the growth of the firm.
- Implemented financial reporting and oversaw client bookkeeping for several startups ranging up to $20 million in annualized revenue.
- Acted as a fractional CFO for a consumer business, building financial models and organizing the accounting work for the company to raise additional financing.
- Consulted on a client's startup business and established a financial strategy for future growth in the event and retail sectors.
- Led the creation of the organization's legal entities and onboarded a client's CRM system in the events space.
- Managed the revenue and expenses for an early-stage startup during the initial revenue growth from zero to approximately $100,000 in annual revenue.
- Served as a chief financial officer for a healthcare startup in the early stages of formation.
- Created a financial model for a healthcare startup, including valuation, growth metrics, and exit strategy.
- Managed accounts payable and accounts receivable for a professional services organization with transactions of approximately $3 million per year.
Officer | Financial Analyst
- Implemented an original transformation tracking system for the bank and coordinated with my team to realize over $100 million in transformational expense savings over three years.
- Maintained the monthly cash-level reporting and analysis for $1.2 billion in banking assets.
- Developed a proprietary model to analyze the profitability of the bank's cash vaults.
- Managed forecasts and annual budgets for $125 million in technology operating expenses.
- Assisted and eventually led the business line stress test analysis in 2020 and 2021 by utilizing financial models to build the future outlook for risk reporting.
- Prepared financial and executive summaries for 15+ capital projects—some valued at over $25 million—to present to the bank's investment committee.
- Led month-end reporting and analysis for over 10 business lines within the bank with duties ranging from senior management presentations to month-end journal entry submissions.
- Managed the $125 million budget reporting for the gaming division of Newell Brands in 2018.
- Created quarterly forecasts for sales revenue and SG&A expenses for six subsidiaries of Newell Brands.
- Analyzed profit and loss reports from the company's European and APAC divisions.
- Assisted in integrating a new, company-wide financial reporting system and trained associates on the reporting tools.
- Built internal financial models to value aspects of the business for future investments and leases.
- Led the onboarding process when switching the company-wide accounting software by auditing data, working with software developers, and test-running data in a simulated environment.
- Participated in weekly financial meetings in collaboration with upper-level management and worked closely with the CFO on financial projects.
- Worked with 100+ vendors to manage accounts payable for the company.
- Conducted quarter-end and year-end audits for more than five of the core investments.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and Pre-medical Studies
Miami University - Oxford, OH, USA
Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Accountancy Board of Ohio
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring