Fernando Vega Soto
Verified Expert in Finance
At Fortune 500 companies, Fernando has evaluated investment propositions in excess of $1 billion in the agriculture and food & beverage industries. He also brings more than eight years of experience in investment valuation, financial planning & analysis (FP&A), and corporate finance. Fernando joined Toptal as he enjoys providing insightful analyses to support decision making processes for companies across all maturities.
Strategist and Business Developer
- Led the valuation and due diligence for proposed acquisitions worth more than $1 billion in the milling, edible oils, and logistic services industries.
- Optimized revenue growth strategy.
- Designed and developed a cost optimization model that created savings of more than $12 million.
Jugos Del Valle (Coca-Cola)
- Built a financial model for the standardized analysis of innovation projects for new product launches and capital expenditures.
- Designed tools for commercial and marketing teams' go-to-market and discount initiatives, turning ad-hoc requests into standardized, semi-automated analyses.
- Valued the financial performance of the entire product portfolio to drive product rationalization discussions, leading to either product rationalization or margin enhancements through price or cost management.
- Prepared and presented profit and loss overviews by brand (i.e., Powerade, Fuze Tea, Jugos del Valle) and channel (i.e., convenience stores, price clubs, open market) on a monthly basis.
- Analyzed and reviewed performance variations for planning and forecasting purposes.
- Applied the Business Model Innovation Canvas methodology (Osterwalder) to assess the convenience of changes in the customers' business models to enter new markets and distribution channels.
- Researched about functional foods and presented market trends and new product insights to a client in the food industry.
- Managed a leadership skills training project from scope design to implementation and collection process for the Mexican government health services (IMSS).
- Recruited and led the volunteer teams that established relationships with persons living in extreme poverty to support economic and social development.
- Mobilized over one thousand volunteers to work in over ten marginalized communities. Led construction of 200 emergency houses.
- Established multifunctional workgroups at marginalized communities to identify needs, plan, prioritize, and develop work plans directed at improving their living conditions.
- Managed the local team's budget and cashflow projections.
- Developed pitch books and raised over MXN 500,000 in donations.
Master's Degree in Corporate Finance
EGADE, Tecnológico de Monterrey - Mexico City, Mexico
Certificate in Mergers, Acquisitions and Corporate Restructuring
ITAM, Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México - Mexico City, Mexico
Bachelor's Degree in International Business
ITESM, Tecnológico de Monterrey - Toluca, Mexico