Financial Planning and Analysis Manager
2014 - PRESENT
- Led the valuation and due diligence for proposed acquisitions worth more than $500 million in the milling, edible oils, and logistic services industries.
- Optimized a revenue growth strategy for a business with annual revenues of $500 million per year.
- Implemented the budgeting process for a business with over $400 million in expenses.
- Designed and developed a cost optimization model that created savings of more than $12 million per year.
- Developed business plans for detailed investment projects to be presented to the board of directors for capital expenditures, greenfield investments, and M&A proposals.
Focus areas: Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Financial Modeling, Valuation, Due Dilligence, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Pro Forma Financial Statements, Forecasting, Variance Analysis, Revenue Management, Pricing Strategy, Capital Budgeting, Budget Controls, Financial Reporting, Commercial Finance, Operational Finance, Business Intelligence, Commercial Business Partner, Business Plan Development, Footprint Optimization
Jugos Del Valle (Coca-Cola)
2012 - 2014
- Built a financial model for the standardized analysis of innovation projects for new product launches and capital expenditures.
- Designed tools for commercial and marketing teams' go-to-market and discount initiatives, turning ad-hoc requests into standardized, semi-automated analyses.
- Valued the financial performance of the entire product portfolio to drive product rationalization discussions, leading to either product rationalization or margin enhancements through price or cost management.
- Prepared and presented profit and loss overviews by brand (i.e. Powerade, Fuze Tea, Jugos del Valle) and channel (i.e. convenience stores, price clubs, open market) on a monthly basis.
- Analyzed and reviewed performance variations for planning and forecasting purposes.
Focus areas: Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Investment Valuation , Commercial Finance, Financial Marketing, Cost-benefit Analysis, Contribution Margin Analysis, Pricing Analysis
2011 - 2012
- Applied the Business Model Innovation Canvas methodology (Osterwalder) to assess convenience of changes in the customers' business models to enter new markets and distribution channels.
- Researched about functional foods and presented market trends and new product insights to a client in the food industry.
- Managed a leadership skills training project from scope design to implementation and collection process for the Mexican government health services (IMSS).
Focus areas: Business Model Innovation, Commercial Strategy Innovation, Competitive Advantage Analysis, Human Processes and Interactions, Project Management, Systemic Analysis
2009 - 2011
- Recruited and led the volunteer teams that established relationships with persons living in extreme poverty to support economic and social development.
- Mobilized over one thousand volunteers to work in over ten marginalized communities. Led construction of 200 emergency houses.
- Established multifunctional workgroups at marginalized communities to identify needs, plan, prioritize, and develop work plans directed at improving their living conditions.
- Managed local team's budget and cashflow projections.
- Developed pitch books and raised over MXN 500,000 in donations.
Focus areas: Budget Controls, Fundraising, Crowdfunding, Institutional Relationships, Pitch Book Development, Social Development, Trainning and Development, Social Entrepreneurship