Verified Expert in Finance
Management Consulting Expert
Firat is a regional finance director with a balance sheet of €80 million under his control since 2018. He has implemented FX hedging strategies, secured investment subsidies, and managed tax and financial audits. He is an expert on P&L optimization and strategy development, an MBA, and a former business development director who orchestrated several M&As whose values range between €20-and €100 million. Firat enjoys new challenges from different sectors.
Regional Finance Business Partner
- Completed the financial and administrative transition of Mediterranean group companies from a service center organization to central Berlin, ensuring 100% business and service uptime.
- Transformed the financial plan and processes of Mediterranean group companies while maintaining a regional growth of ten% per/annum with improved profitability.
- Avoided FX risks for non-EUR entities by transforming the business into a local currency business, ensuring natural hedging.
- Oversaw cash-flow planning and management, hedging, financial engineering, and dividend payment.
- Managed the net operating working capital of the entities, where sectoral needs to extend the periods up to 2.5 years for the full cash cycle to be completed.
- Accountable for all tax and compliance procedures followed and requirements met on time. Main contact point and responsible for financial, tax, and customs audits. Performed and avoided penalties on three audits in Italy and Turkey.
- Acted as the primary facilitator of subsidy and subvention program applications. Secured €5 million, R&D, and investment subsidies in 2.5 years in the entire region.
- Managed post-M&A integration and evaluation of ongoing investment programs.
Director of Finance and Operations
NUH Group Industrial Construction
- Completed the financial due diligence, legal counseling, contract preparation, C-level deal closing, and ownership transfer of €100+ million valued assets under three months.
- Transformed former Solarion AG into OC3 AG and led the financial management of the facility for two years while the insolvent facility returned to full-scale operations.
- Prepared and closed project proposals and sales decks for B2B project sales valued between €200,000 and €2 million. Managed the supply chain and contract management of the facility with a hands-on approach.
ÜNLÜ & Co
- Completed the database design for NPL call center evaluation and respective customer due diligence activities.
- Managed NPL account segmentation, campaign design, launch, operation, and evaluation.
- Ran self-standing projects such as service management for banks and financial institutions.
- Prepared the annual budget and conducted daily treasury activities, banking transactions, and related cash flow analysis.
- Completed the monthly consolidation of respective budget owners' input and preparation of year-end financial outlook.
- Conducted daily treasury activities, banking transactions, and related cash flow analysis.
Master of Business Administration Degree (MBA) in Finance
Politecnico di Milano - Milan, Italy
Bachelor's Degree in Mechatronics Engineering
Sabanci University - Istanbul, Turkey