2020 - PRESENT
- Performed due diligence, financial modeling, valuation analyses, and transaction structuring for the acquisition of a $50 million solar energy platform on behalf of a US energy and infrastructure PE fund with $1+ billion AUM.
- Supported an e-bike distribution startup with a successful seed fundraising of $1 million by developing a bottom-up operating and financial model, a base case valuation and transaction structure, and negotiations with shareholders.
- Built a flexible LBO template model for an early-stage private equity fund. The model had a modular architecture and detailed leverage capabilities modeled through a robust debt waterfall and an earnout mechanism.
- Developed a KPI dashboard (growth, origination costs, and profitability), a bottom-up operative model and projections that catalyzed annual savings of US$100,000 for a payroll broker.
- Developed a monthly, 3-statement, financial and operating model for a brand aggregator with multiple revenue channels, including: online (.com, marketplaces, and social platforms) and traditional (retail and wholesale).
Focus areas: Fundraising, Business Consulting, Financial Modeling, Asset Valuation, Operating Models, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), Finance, Financial Analysis, Forecasting, Fund Management, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Leveraged Buyout (LBO), Investment Analysis, eCommerce, Pitch Decks, Credit Risk, Loans & Lending, Loans
Founder and CEO
2020 - 2021
- Developed, launched, and operated a branded retail takeaway coffee shop in Mexico City. Executed all the steps in business planning and launch, including incorporation, product and brand development, and business and financial planning.
- Led product and channel development for retail, B2B (sales to small supermarkets) eCommerce, and delivery platforms for a coffee shop concept in Mexico City.
- Drove 3x growth over 12 months, despite opening in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic. Reached operative breakeven and subsequently divested the business in less than 30 days.
- Launched over a dozen value creation initiatives, including the development of new channels, a loyalty program, new products, and digital marketing initiatives to increase the recurrence and size of average sales.
- Built a KPI dashboard and 3-statement operating model for financial management, fiscal reporting, and investment analysis.
Focus areas: Fundraising, Deal Sourcing, Industry Analysis, Deal Structuring, Three-statement Modeling, Financial Modeling, Investment Analysis, Investment Memoranda, Due Diligence, Business Planning, Consumer Products, eCommerce, Retail & Wholesale, Financial Forecasting, Revenue Analysis, Business Development, M&A (Buy-side), Forecasting, Business Models, Revenue & Expense Projections, B2B2C, Financial Management, Food & Beverage
2017 - 2020
- Originated, analyzed, and performed extensive buy-side diligence on an office-as-a-service company, including operating and commercial diligence, bottom-up financial modeling, and the preparation of investment committee materials.
- Supported management of a banking portfolio company on all steps of its IPO process, including reviewing regulatory filings and marketing materials, coordinating advisors, and preparing pricing and valuation analyses and exit committee materials.
- Prepared bottom-up operating and LBO models, performed commercial and quality of earnings diligence, and developed the investment thesis for several paper-packaging investment opportunities, totaling over $500 million in potential investment value.
- Headed a series of proprietary industry mappings and sourcing efforts that resulted in several deal initiations, two due diligence processes, and the signing of two industry advisors.
- Executed the initial steps of deal analysis for 20+ transactions, including developing initial presentation materials, investment thesis, operating financial and LBO models, valuation, corporate analysis, and offer letter and term sheet drafting.
Focus areas: Investment Analysis, Investment Memoranda, Industry Analysis, Deal Advisory, M&A (Buy-side), M&A (Sell-side), Value Creation, Financial Modeling, Financial Model Auditing, Comparable Company Analysis, Equity Valuation, Private Equity Valuation, Leveraged Buyout Modeling, Financing, Investment Thesis, Precedent Transaction Analysis, Due Diligence, Research Analysis, Business Development, M&A Modeling, Finance, Financial Analysis, Forecasting, Excel 2016, Microsoft Excel, Business Analysis, Investment Committee Advisory, Pitch Decks
Investment Banking Analyst
2014 - 2016
- Supported a successful $150 million sell-side M&A transaction for Mexico's second-largest pharmaceutical distributor through the full ownership of financial modeling and valuation analyses as well as aiding in the preparation of marketing materials.
- Assisted the record-low pricing of Kimberly Clark de Mexico's $250 million bond issuance in 2014 and the subsequent $250 million bond issuance in 2015 by preparing industry analyses, roadshow materials, and credit benchmarks.
- Owned the financial modeling, valuation analyses, management presentations in several live debts and M&A transactions, and pitches involving the analysis of industry research, preparation of financial models, and presentation materials.
- Performed corporate and asset valuations and sensitivity analyses through DCF, LBO, comparable companies, precedent transactions, and sum-of-the-parts methodologies.
- Developed teasers, confidential information memoranda, and management presentations for multiple transactions and prepared numerous decks and pitches for C-level executive discussions.
Focus areas: Industry Analysis, Financial Modeling, Discounted Cash Flow (DCF), Leveraged Buyout Modeling, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Merger Modeling, Asset Valuation, Valuation, Capital Structure Optimization, Pitch Presentations, Pitch Deck Consultant, Three-statement Modeling, Comparable Company Analysis, Precedent Transaction Analysis, Due Diligence, Investment Banking, Research Analysis, M&A Modeling, Finance, Financial Analysis, Microsoft Excel, Excel Expert